Never install the MCCT without some gas in the tank...

... its just not worth the heart-attack that comes with the bike just shutting down suddenly while adjusting the MCCT  :banghead:

To make things even more exciting the bike wouldn't start up again til I figured out it was out of gas. Too bad nobody was around to get my reaction on youtube, it would have probably been a good laugh  ?

Edited by plankk
  • Like 5

... when you're about to hit reserve. Its just not worth the heart-attack that comes with the bike just shutting down suddenly while adjusting the MCCT  :banghead:

^confusing statement^

maybe you installed incorrectly or have the screw too far in or out..

something is going, ive NEVER heard of that on this forum..

^confusing statement^

maybe you installed incorrectly or have the screw too far in or out..

something is going, ive NEVER heard of that on this forum..

Just sharing a laughing moment, when the bike shut off and wouldn't start up again, I thought I let the cam chain skip a few teeth or something  :D

• Like 3

but if thats the case...why would he try to deminish the MCCT product by saying not to buy it..

IF it was the gas that ran out in the 1st place.. and it was the gasses fault...not the mcct

It makes sense if you put the title with the main post…

It took me while to understand what he was trying to say, and then it clicked. He was jokingly saying "don't install the MCCT", though with the way the post is written it can easily be misinterpreted as a genuine statement...

This is how it should read:

Never install the MCCT, when you're about to hit reserve. Its just not worth the heart-attack that comes with the bike just shutting down suddenly while adjusting the MCCT  :banghead:

To make things even more exciting the bike wouldn't start up again til I figured out it was out of gas. Too bad nobody was around to get my reaction on youtube, it would have probably been a good laugh  ?

• Like 1

I rebuilt my crf450 and spent a crap ton of money doing eeeeverything. Sent the head off for new everything, replaced the crank, top end, and replaced literally every single bearing in the cases, even the little one for the clutch arm, everything. Plus I bought all the special tools to do everything. It fired up second kick and I was stoked. Took it for a short ride around the block, stopped, oil was just pouring out of it like a stuck pig. I wish I could remember what it was now, but it was trivial. I pushed it home and fixed it. Still have it and it still runs awesome, but my heart sank into my panties for a moment that day.

• Like 2

... its just not worth the heart-attack that comes with the bike just shutting down suddenly while adjusting the MCCT  :banghead:

YOUtube link ....or it Didn't Happen..... ?

Put your hand up if you have forgotten to pull the rag out of the airbox boot that was keeping the inside of the air cleaner clean after doing a top end rebuild, then wondered why the f@#k it wont start? ?

Or not removing the muffler plug and wondering why the #ell the bike sounds so weird......

• Like 3

In my naivety as a youngen I once stripped my RVF400 carbs completely, like fully, nightmare. Because it was miss firing

Turns out I hadn't pressed on one ht lead properly after the service.

Bike was off the summer roads for 2 weeks.

Or not removing the muffler plug and wondering why the #ell the bike sounds so weird......

Ok, I've done this twice now in the just 3 days I've had the RS2 installed... I think Im going to just leave it out of the exhaust unless Im washing it  ?

Where'd you get the

Ok, I've done this twice now in the just 3 days I've had the RS2 installed... I think Im going to just leave it out of the exhaust unless Im washing it  ?

Where'd you get the plug for that exhaust?