Sign in to follow this  

Air vs Nitrogen in SXF closed cartridge fork?

So I fell victim to the cracked compression cartridge in my 11 350 SXF fork. I have parts coming but was wondering if anyone has just filled the bladder with air versus nitrogen? I found a youtube video of a guy doing it, but was hoping to get some first hand accounts before going this route. I'm hoping to be able to do this job my self and not have to pay a shop to do the nitrogen charge.

Thanks!

• Like 1

So I fell victim to the cracked compression cartridge in my 11 350 SXF fork. I have parts coming but was wondering if anyone has just filled the bladder with air versus nitrogen? I found a youtube video of a guy doing it, but was hoping to get some first hand accounts before going this route. I'm hoping to be able to do this job my self and not have to pay a shop to do the nitrogen charge.

Thanks!

No advantage using nitrogen as the forks don't generate enough heat to make a material difference. I have a nitrogen tank and have done both. Air is simple and less hassle

That was my assumption. Thanks! Now I just need to get a pump w/ a gauge to hit the proper air pressure!