Sign in to follow this  

People with black rims

Don't they get all scratched up when you change tires. I am going to retire my rear rim and getting a black one is cheaper. I would probally have to powder coat the front one to mach, does that sound like a good idea?

I have recently had the same question for the exact same reason.

I hope it doesn't scratch up the black coat.

The very edge of the rim next to the bead gets a bit scratched and will lose color from excessive tire changes, but it still looks good. If you like the black rim look, go for it.  :thumbsup:

I recently put the Excel Takasago  A60's on my bike. Yes, they got scratched a little bit putting new tires on them. But, after the first ride I had several more scratches from rocks, roots, and trail debris. I found that gloss black fingernail polish covers the scratches well and seems to hold up.

I race Hare Scrambles so I knew scratches would be a part of the deal.

Don't they get all scratched up when you change tires. I am going to retire my rear rim and getting a black one is cheaper. I would probally have to powder coat the front one to mach, does that sound like a good idea?

They do get scratched, and I guess it would bother some people.

But its good from afar, and up close its far from good.

They still look good as has been said.

You can get mar guards for tire bars. plastic tips that keep the rims from getting scratched. Harley wheels are costly and you do not want to scratch one of those that's for sure. A little patients helps from scratching also.

I tried the bigger rim protectors but they were a pain. It is hard not to scratch them. It's going to happen. I like the look but I like changing tires on my bare wheels better, less worries

• Like 2

I've seen rim decals if they were to get too bad. I don't worry about scratches on the wheels anymore than i worry about scratches in the plastic though. Its just part of riding in the woods.

• Like 1

I wrap my DIRT bike as well as rims in bubble pack, wouldn't want a scratch! Really, are we at a bike show or riding dirt bikes! lol

• Like 3

I wrap my DIRT bike as well as rims in bubble pack, wouldn't want a scratch! Really, are we at a bike show or riding dirt bikes! lol

1000 posts, congrats if it means anything. Good satire as always.

Mike

• Like 3