Roczen and Dungey both leaving KTM from inside source

Hot off the press from one of the sports true insiders. . . . . .  TYE

tye.jpg

"The Red Bull KTM team was at Milestone thursday as well, it was nice to catch up with Kenny, we had a long talk about the situation with the local track scene, which there are some major issues going on. I hadn’t yet met Ryan Dungey, so I spent some time with him and discussed my theory that he’s the chupacabra of the 450 class, to which he laughed and got a kick out of it. It was nice to talk with Marvin about his injuries, he feels 100%, but is struggling to find his stamina right now, which was evident in the race last weekend. Ya know, taking an in-depth look at the bikes close up is also nice. They really give you full-access as a fan, which is really nice. The sad news is, they’re going to be loosing Kenny and maybe even Ryan, who is upset about a new performance clause in the contracts. I think their team is the strongest one on the grid and to be loosing that strength kinda sucks. First race weekend of the year, they went 1-2 in the 450 class."

http://www.pingerringer.com/

I wonder Tye didn't say anything about his deal he's trying to put together with KTM himself? Inside word is that if he can get KTM to agree to him running run his own suspension set up with Ohlins that he'll sign for the 2015 season to replace KR.

• Like 10

Not that I believe anything Tye says but with these rumors of who is going where, I thought it was strange that RCH would take Roczen over Dungey given their previous relationship. All we can do is wait and see.

Kenny's deal ends this year Ryan's ends next year

It's not difficult to see why RD isn't talking to anyone......yet

KTM is building RD another all new bike, to his liking and paying him really well to ride it. Yes, I'm sure I'd leave under those conditions too.

The top guys are all rich, they want to win.  I said in another thread (or two) that Dungey, although he is very conservative and in some cases boring to watch, has gotten slower on the KTM.  He used to dice with, and beat, Villopoto outdoors on the Suzuki.  He is fast on the KTM, and right there, but doesn't seem to have the same speed as he did on the yellow bike.

Given the chance to make roughtly the same money but with a better chance to win, I don't see why someone like Dungey wouldn't take that.

This is all speculation, I know, but that's my $.02.

• Like 1

He doesn't take it because he is THE face of KTM's N. American program, and KTM is the most dominant OEM out there right now. Not to mention Roger is running the program, and that needs no explanation. You all seem to forget that the current bike is KTM's first real kick at the 450 can, and they have done very well with it... the new one will be better yet. I'm sure he's looking at Jame's Zuk wishing he was on that, or maybe not... Or maybe Barcia's Honda? Somehow doubt it.

KTM will give him everything he needs, and you don't just walk on that kind of deal - not if you have any sense at all. RD will be fine with KTM, at least his bike doesn't run out of gas these days.

• Like 2

LOL. I can't believe you guys believe this nutbag is actually an insider and spent time with Dungey who openly discussed his contract with him....

I was at Pala last week and sat down with James. It was my first time meeting him but he talked openly with me about how he's not happy with the air forks on his Yosh Suzuki and told me what his plans were after his contract is up

• Like 4

LOL. I can't believe you guys believe this nutbag is actually an insider and spent time with Dungey who openly discussed his contract with him....

I was at Pala last week and sat down with James. It was my first time meeting him but he talked openly with me about how he's not happy with the air forks on his Yosh Suzuki and told me what his plans were after his contract is up

Exactly, there's no way in hell Dungey "Mr. Conservative always says the right thing" is going to sit down with some quak he's never meet before and start discussing his contract situation and issues with his bike. It's ridiculous that Tye writes this crap and actually thinks people believe him.  I almost fell off my chair laughing when he starts off by saying it was nice to catch up with Kenny we had a nice long talk, like they're BFF's.

• Like 2

Exactly, there's no way in hell Dungey "Mr. Conservative always says the right thing" is going to sit down with some quak he's never meet before and start discussing his contract situation and issues with his bike. It's ridiculous that Tye writes this crap and actually thinks people believe him. I almost fell off my chair laughing when he starts off by saying it was nice to catch up with Kenny we had a nice long talk, like they're BFF's.

The guy sure lives in a different reality than the rest of us.

• Like 3