Sign in to follow this  

Running rich?

Well I took it on a trip a week ago and near the end of the second day it bogged and died out of no where. I suspected oh I probably just fouled a plug but I put a new one in and the damn thing wouldn't start so we tried roll starting it. It started but then bogged back down, I would have to keep it pinned for it not to blog down and die again. So. I checked it out and had no to little spark from the plug so then when I took it home i washed it and tried to start for the hell of it and it fired right up so I suspected I must of overheated the cdi. I started to mess around with the wiring and when I would move the wires connecting the alternator to the cdi or coil it would bog and die so I cleaned the connections and that seemed to fix it but something just doesn't seem right with when I ride it and it has just started to spit oil from the silencer as before it didnt. Could it be the cdi or coil or just fuel mixture? I did just whip up a new batch of fuel and I'm pretty sure I did the proper ratio

Just a thought. Weak spark= unburned fuel in the muffler packing? Possible? How long did you ride it after you fixed the connections?