Sign in to follow this  

CANT BLEED FRONT BRAKES

I have a 2008 CRF 450, I was having some issues with my front brake so I decided to buy a new steel braided line and new pads. It brake operated ok when I disassembled the lines, but when I went to bleed the brakes with the new line i can t pump the brakes up and build pressure to bleed them.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Do you have a pump to suck out the brake fluid from the caliper?

Harbor freight sells a pretty good one for under 20 bucks. Leave the top Off of the fluid reservoir and pump fluid through it until the pressure is solid. Tip- when your squeezing the brake lever to pump fluid down let the lever slide off your fingers and pop back out, it'll help the trapt air bubbles come up and out of the reservoir.

Edited by Diggla117

Start with the piston all the way in, so you dont' trap air behind it.

If you pull in the lever until the actuation pin is just starting to move, you actually open up the orifice to allow bubbles to escape.

Then you don't have to 'snap' the lever so much to free up the bubbles.

You can see it if you pull the rubber out of the resivoir.

I recently has this problem after rebuilding my master cylinder, after pumping the lever try cracking the banjo bolt at the master. I had a bunch of air in there and my brakes wouldn't hold pressure

The easiest thing to do is get a power bleeder from harbor freight for $20 (motosport has the same one for more) put the tube on the bleeder open the cap, pump it up to 20 crack it open, don't let the dial hit zero, let it hit like 5, then shut the valve, then repeat a few times