Sign in to follow this  

What can I do if the dealership lied and sold me junk?

I have to keep the brand out of this for now due to an ongoing investigation. 3 months ago I bought a used 2013 from a dealership. I was told that the bike was only used for 10 to 12 hours and had been well maintained. I asked all the right questions like, has ANY work been done to the engine? I was told none; it’s all stock and clean. I asked that several times and was always told the same. Then my kid put 12 hours on it and it blew. The engine caused a crash breaking several bones and killing any shot at Loretta’s this year. The company sent a mechanic to investigate it and found that engine mods had been done and it’s not stock. The company said that because of the mods they at this point will not fix it due to the engine work. The bike was maintained by the dealership I bought it from and they keep telling customer support that they did not do anything to the engine and know nothing.  The original owner is one of their own employees and maintained the bike in house. What can I do, I’m so frustrated and angry that I was lied to. For every question I asked I’m finding that it was a lie and now we have a new busted bike and my child is in casts etc. Please give me something!!!!!!!!

My advice is: Hire a lawyer and post absolutely ZERO about your case on a web forum. Anything you post is admissable and no one's opinion here is going to help you in court. Good luck!

• Like 2

what " company " would send a mechanic to investigate a bike motor failure ?  you make it sound like Honda or another MFG is the " company"

I didn't know they would send a Factory mechanic to look at a used bike motor failure ?

what mod would cause a bike to blow up so catastrophically as to injure a rider  but only after 12 hours  

did it just seize and He didn't get the clutch pulled in ?

like mentioned lawyer up  it's your only chance at restitution IMHO

Hope your Kid heals quick

Look at the paperwork you signed at the dealership when you purchased the bike.  Check to see if it says "bike sold as is" or something of the sort.  If so, go to post #3 by Monk and follow his advice to the letter.

Look at the paperwork you signed at the dealership when you purchased the bike.  Check to see if it says "bike sold as is" or something of the sort.  If so, go to post #3 by Monk and follow his advice to the letter.

There are plenty of exceptions to that disclaimer being valid. Not to say that he will or won't win in court, but a dealership or a private party can certainly be sued over a used vehicle. 

There are plenty of exceptions to that disclaimer being valid. Not to say that he will or won't win in court, but a dealership or a private party can certainly be sued over a used vehicle. 

in my unprofessional opinion the fact that it ran fine  for 12 hours /3 months   may exclude a lot of His recourse on an AS IS  bike

unless a warranty was in place  

I would really want to lay this on the dealer no matter how  for stating  it was stock and that it was one of their mechanics bikes

I am still curious who the "company" guy who did the diagnoses was working for ?  

and what the mod was ?  could have been removed smog junk ??  

• Like 1