Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Banshee Overheating

Have had this problem for a long time now. Fed up with dealership B.S.. 

My 04 banshee has been overheating, puking its fluid, since i first drove her. (april 2013) Of course she never puked during the 2 minute test drive..

When i let her idle, she doesnt puke or make a gurgle sound, but after a 5 minute drive down the road, my bike gurgles like crazy and some times pukes. Yesterday i drove going 40 mph, for 2 minutes, stopped, let it idle, didnt puke but could hear gurgle sounds. And it was 70 farenheit. I tried doing a rad flush, I was told when i first got it by my mechanic that the water pump was cracked in half.. so i had it replaced... then i drove it and had it over heat and ruined the head gaskets. Had that same mechanic redo the gaskets.. Went to drive it, lost power after 15/20 mins, messed the gaskets again and ruined the piston, This time i took it to yamaha to have redone. They told me whoever worked on it last torqued the heads way too much, so they redid the pistons and gaskets, went to drive down the road, had her puking coolant and she sputtered home on one cylinder, took back to yamaha, and they told my i needed helicoils, So they did that and redid the pistons AGAIN, this time rejetting and setting everything up properly for the mods i have (pipes, bored) now when im driving it gurgles and i dont want to keep driving as its already blown up 3 times. 

Ive done a rad flush, Still screwed up. Any ideas what to do? Please don't say "sell it, yamaha junk" i bought this thing for $2800 and ive put almost 3000 into it, with all this labor. So its not logical to sell it and maybe get 2500 if im lucky. 

Please help

don't throw parts at it,  like a radiator, till you know what's wrong. use boring normal new 50/50 coolant. sounds like you may have chronic head gasket problems that show up after a warm-up cycle. with a blown head gasket the head needs to be made flat again and is frequently not done with average parts slappers. sounds like the dealer noticed damage  from over tightening, most likely pulled threads and didn't fix it or fixed half of it and that's why they told you that 2nd time it needed heli coils because heli coils is probably what it should've gotten the first time the yam shop had it. get somebody qualified to work on it first. dealers tend to just do what's easy and lucrative. that's why dealers around here do 500$ "services". whatever you've spent on this thing up to this point, write it off. your never going to see that 3 grand again. economic stimulus.