KYB crf 450 '09 damper road seal and bushing removal

Hello guys, can you help to replace this parts? tore down the seal and bushing assy yet from the cartrige, but it doesn't look like to split again like the old SSS KYB fork in two part to get inside...any tips?

1402061989597.jpg

1402062009163.jpg

1402062024840.jpg

1402062038875.jpg

I got it this morning, but it is damaged, some threads melted in some spots, luckily I was able to fix it up a bit with a file, hope it can hold the torque when I put it back together!

what about the mod Davej suggested on this link, have you give it a try?

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/611060-fork-seal-head-mod-06-08yz-09-crf450r-07-09-kx450f/

as of the torque specs, later I'll post it up.

Edited by creed75

I got it this morning, but it is damaged, some threads melted in some spots, luckily I was able to fix it up a bit with a file, hope it can hold the torque when I put it back together!

what about the mod Davej suggested on this link, have you give it a try?

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/611060-fork-seal-head-mod-06-08yz-09-crf450r-07-09-kx450f/

as of the torque specs, later I'll post it up.

I am going to try this mod , just waiting on my parts from suspensiondirect. You would think $16 in shipping on a dozen shims and 2 seals would take less than a week

I am going to try this mod , just waiting on my parts from suspensiondirect. You would think $16 in shipping on a dozen shims and 2 seals would take less than a week

yeah, I can imagine your impatient!...I have not some reference about shipping fees and time in US, what's important is the result after the waiting! Let me know how the fork will work with the O-ring!

Don't see a need to put a o ring in

I didn't got the chance to give it a shot. The idea is good, because there is a problem with oil that go inside the cartridge when pressure builds up, I have some dubt about the result with the o-ring, but I do not have enough threads to put the o-ring.

the point is at high rod rod velocity the bouncing up of pressure cause oil sweeping inside of the cartridge rebound chamber and there is an imbalance with the comp chamber, the idea behind the o-ring is to avoid that.

Edited by creed75

They blow off the excess oil like when you do a final bleed

yep, you right, but the oil is into the rebound chamber at first and before the excess oil transits to the comp one you don't think it might give rise some cavitation? Edited by creed75

It won't creat harshness, the inner cart can never be overfilled for to long because it will blow off once bottomed. I've stripped forks down where 1 is empty and one normall, customer is suprised the cartridge needs a repair, and seen wp forks with over 2.5bar in them.