ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

1993 xr250l minimum wiring? I just want spark and what engine needs to fire. Any help please

The wiring on my 93 xr250l has been raped beyond belief. I just want to run the bare minimum wiring for the engine to run. Having an alternator on my bike kinda throws me off. Any custom wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I hear you..... That's what I'm leaning towards too.  I just things to work like they should, and continue to work!!!

There are diagrams at the back of the Haynes manual, that I guess could be simplified....

Edited by MacT

There are no custom wiring diagrams for your bike on TT.

The 250L CDI unit requires 12 volts DC and one of the grounds is switched.  

If you do something stupid and blow the CDI, you will be parting out this bike because they are unavailable.

If you want dirt-bike simplicity and reliability you need to get the following components including the alternator from an XR250R:  

CDI unit, stator, flywheel, ignition coil, pulse generator, Good luck finding some of these discontinued parts.

Which elec. components are left on this bike that still work?

Hahah I got it. Idiot that wired it was runnin headlite direct. It was drawing the power from alternator before it could produce spark. Got it down to about 10 wires, no battery wiring at all. Sparks everytime! Running like a dream now. Thank you all for the help