Sign in to follow this  

What Tools/ Parts Would You Take For Trailriding?

So this is my first post, I'll state my question first, then I'll give a little back story for the guys that might want to read. I just got a '10 KX250F that I plan on using for trail riding, with that said what extra junk would you haul with you for those woods repairs? I am just getting back into riding after taking a 6-7 year break, my last bike was a '97 XR400 and I just can't get over how much things have changed in the 4 stroke bikes. Back when I was riding all the time I always carried a spare plug, master link or 2, a handfull of nuts and bolts, gearshift, and a decent amount of tools to make a decent trailside repair. The reason I packed so much crap was where I ride, you cannot get a support vehicle in the woods so I was a nut about keeping enough crap with me just in case. I never really needed to make many repairs, and it was normally me fixing somebody elses' junk, but I am on the camp of 'have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it'. This is the first Kawasaki I have ever owned, I have always been in the Honda camp, plus I have always rode 4 stroke bikes, never been much for smokers lol. What are some of the things I need to watch out for on my new to me ride? The previous owner wasn't much help but I can see evidence the top end has been apart, most likely for valve shimming but possibly piston. Anyway, thanks in advance! I'm looking forward to getting back in the woods, I never realized I missed it as much as I do!!

i carry the following in a bum bag - medical kit, pliers with cutting edge, size 8 and 10 flat spanners, tbar with 8 10 and 12mm socket, clutch and brake lever, allen keys, flat and phillips screw drivers, insulation tape, spark plug spanner, clean cloth, cell phone, small nuts and bolts, master link for the chain.