Sign in to follow this  

Where to purchase fuel screw spring Mikuni CV BSR36

I have a 2000 DRZ400s with the stock Mikuni carb, in the process of installing the JD jet kit I drilled to deep removing the brass plug for the extended fuel screw.   I was able to use a screw extractor to get the factory screw out, but the head broke off of the screw so the needle part is still stuck in the hole.  I got ahold of the spring with a dentist hook and pulled on it but it broke in half.    I am at the point now that half of the fuel screw and half of the spring are still stuck in the hole.  I ran out of time to work on it so I am still hoping that I can get the rest of the pieces out without ruining the body of the carb.

I found one on ebay but I don't know if it would be compatible it is listed as:  "2003 KAWASAKI KLX125 SUZUKI DRZ125 MIKUNI CARBURETOR IDLE ADJUST SCREW & SPRING 2003 KAWASAKI KLX125 SUZUKI DRZ125 MIKUNI CARBURETOR IDLE ADJUST SCREW & SPRING"

I have a replacement extended fuel screw, but now the spring is ruined where can I purchase one of those?

Also should the spring come right out or is there some reason why it would be held in place preventing me from pulling it out?

$_57.jpg

Ditch it and get this https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/DRZ400S-SM-FCR-MX-39mm-Conversion-Kit-p2006766611.html  :thumbsup:  :D

Or you can get the spring here https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/oem.php?partcategory=800568&manufacturer=5&category=5&year=2000&model=27391 #35

You also might want to get the washer (#34) and o-ring (#33) just incase.

Good luck with getting the rest of those pieces out, and if you end up ruining the carb and don't have the money to get the FCR or just don't want it (why wouldn't you want more power  :excuseme: ) most people that have done the FCR swap will get rid of their mikuni for pretty cheap.

Edited by Wisconsinite762

Thanks for the reply, the second link leads back to the same place as the first though. 

I would like to get the 39mm carb but I can't swing the $600.   The ones I am finding on ebay that people have pulled off seem to be around $200+ for one in good condition.

I found the parts in the TT store, if I can get it a part with out damaging anything else could be $10 repair which would be awesome.  Down time is going to kill me though, the weather is finally starting to get nice up here in Maine.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/oem.php?partcategory=800568&manufacturer=5&category=5&year=2000&model=27391

Should the spring and washer etc...all come out or is there something that holds them in place (by design) preventing the parts from coming out?

Thanks.

I found the parts in the TT store, if I can get it a part with out damaging anything else could be $10 repair which would be awesome.  Down time is going to kill me though, the weather is finally starting to get nice up here in Maine.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/oem.php?partcategory=800568&manufacturer=5&category=5&year=2000&model=27391

Should the spring and washer etc...all come out or is there something that holds them in place (by design) preventing the parts from coming out?

Thanks.

Sorry, fixed the link but it looks like you already found it!

There is nothing holding them in place, but it is common for them to be a little stuck just from friction. Though in your case, with it being rammed into the carb it could become very stuck….

I got all the pieces out with out damaging the threads too much, the new screw threaded right in nicely.  I managed to salvage the o-ring and washer without damage as well.  I modified a spring out of a ball point pen to put it back together.

With everything back together with the jet kit, and 3x3 mod she started pretty dry the first time I am sure it takes a minute to get gas flowing but after that seems to fire right up and run good. I will go ahead and order the correct spring rather then using the spring out of a ball point pen but it should be good enough to putter around the neighborhood for a test drive.

Does anybody run Loctite on the fuel screw or does the correct spring hold it firm enough that it doesn't move?

I got all the pieces out with out damaging the threads too much, the new screw threaded right in nicely.  I managed to salvage the o-ring and washer without damage as well.  I modified a spring out of a ball point pen to put it back together.

With everything back together with the jet kit, and 3x3 mod she started pretty dry the first time I am sure it takes a minute to get gas flowing but after that seems to fire right up and run good. I will go ahead and order the correct spring rather then using the spring out of a ball point pen but it should be good enough to putter around the neighborhood for a test drive.

Does anybody run Loctite on the fuel screw or does the correct spring hold it firm enough that it doesn't move?

Glad to hear you got everything worked out!

I have had no problem with the fuel screw coming loose, and have never heard of any one running loc-tite nor do I see the need to. If it is coming loose for you I am sure the correct spring will solve the problem.