shock rebuilds for hare scramble

Where in MN are options to get suspension revalved and set up for 160lb rider. I live way up in northern MN, and so far only see suspension like pro action and enzo that are south of the twin cities. Is there anything more centrally located?

I bet y will find the stocking is actually pretty good, you just need to get the correct springs, then and only then do you mess with the valving. These guys that go all at it once have no idea if what they are doing is hurting or helping.

I found a guy an hour away that would take my whole bike and revalve and respring it for around 8-900 with a race tech suspension kit. If I could get a big improvement out of just new springs I would definitely consider going that route. I am very new at this stuff and don't have any knowledge other than what I have read on forums. It seems Most people like to do the revalve and respring , but I'm willing to listen to any advice.  Most importantly I just want it set up for softer for a small guy like me where I feel more in control of this big 450x beast.   Thanks guys, I'm willing to listen and learn.  

Call Factory Connection they will even send you a box so you can send them your forks and shock

I sent mine to them and I am very pleased with how they work now. The biggest thing you have to do when you call, is be totally honest about your weight and skill/terrain you ride in.

I have thought about doing something like that , but my mechanical skills are not the greatest and I like the thought of somebody taking my bike as a whole and getting it back setup as a whole as the reason I'm thinking about the guy an hour away setting me up. 

If the suspension guy is going to install RaceTech gold valves, then he isn't a suspension guy.

No self respecting suspension guys use that garbage.

Take the time to learn how to remove the forks and shock...it isn't hard.

Send it off in a cheap guncase from Walmart to somebody that knows what they are doing...you'll save hundreds of $$$, and get a better result.

The valving on the X is harsh, especially for Hare Scrambles...

• Like 1

I have a Factory Connection suspension as well and like it. I agree with CRF DOC, get a service manual and some basic tools and you can swap it out just fine. They will even update your settings down the road if your weight or riding changes at no charge (not including parts, fluid). You'll have to check the website. If you absolutely don't want to do it yourself you can call Powerlodge in Brainerd (www.powerlodge.com). They sell Factory Connection parts and do lots of work on bikes (aftermarket part installation, engine rebuilds etc.). I have not used them myself but have not heard any horror stories either. You may also try posting this in the North forum as there are many riders in MN more knowledgeable than myself... Good Luck!