Sign in to follow this  

Which 250 2stroke?

So I'm gonna be buying a 250 2 stroke and I'm on the fence between a ktm, a kx, and a yz... Which one would be the best for all around excellent power? The years are between 2001-2005

I have rode all of these bikes and I can give you my opinion on them.

Yz250- I own a 06 yz250 right now it has the same engine as the 05. The power is incredible I think it has the best power for anything woods or mx.

Ktm250- ktm has a good engine to. You can get a xc and have the best of both worlds mx and woods in one bike.

Kx250- the kx250 won the 250 2 stroke shootout in 05. The power is like old school power you are either awesome on it or you just don't need it. What I mean by old school power you really have to work for the power. They said it can out run a yz on top end not sure though. Plus the kx is a tire eater.

Cr250r- I owned a 03 cr250 about 5 months ago. The cr250 wasn't as fast as my yz but it handle way better and felt lighter for some reason. People say the 03 engine was crap because of the rc valves I totally disagree. I believe you need to be more comfortable than anything. The best engine for the cr was the 01 engine.

In my opinion for the years you are looking at get a cr250r or yz250. Hope this helped and good luck finding a bike!

My old cr and my current yzImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402080115.607309.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402080133.907224.jpg

• Like 2

Well I'm not a beginner rider and owned a 96 cr250 a long time ago plus I found an awesome 04 kx250 that I think I'm gonna jump on

• Like 1

The 04 kx appears to be in immaculate condition compared to the yz I found... My situation is that I just sold my 125 today to move up and it was a 2002 cr125, so I figured i try shooting for the newest 250 I could afford and so far I think I hit the jackpot with this kx if all goes well!