Sign in to follow this  

Cisneros ECU. Reviews?

I know a lot of people on here talk about how great the guys is. I sent an ECU off to him and havent heard anything back. Has anyone used this guy recently?

I know a lot of people on here talk about how great the guys is. I sent an ECU off to him and havent heard anything back. Has anyone used this guy recently?

Yup. Nuthin' but kudos. I think it was 4 days total turnaround. He reprogrammed and sent it back via priority mail the same day he received the module.

If it's been longer than 5 days, I'd say get in touch to see what's up - I'd hedge my bet that the USPS F'd up.  (unless you're outside of the contiguous United States)

Edited by tahoemike00

Were you given a turn around ETA? Have you tried to contact him? When did you send it? Do you have tracking info for the shipment? Did you confirm it being received and signed for?

OK, I found the link that I used to get the form and address information. Payment was made via paypal.

http://www.sisnerosspeedworks.com/honda-ecm-reprogramming

Actual form with address here:

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?authkey=CNLbiIEN&hgd=1&id=195SL3x68MvQAn9t1bB-bx3ok-7ORq1zw2WW2IwtLkm0

My new ECU in action  ;-)

vlcsnap-2014-05-28-14h30m11s133.png

Edited by tahoemike00

I ordered the tune through email since I have the HRC tuner. He responded within a day through emails. If you dont have his email address let me know and I will tr and round it up.

The tune was good, it brought life to the bike. I'd say he tunes slightly on the safe side which is good. I was able to tweak a little more power out of his tune but I would say it was kinda heading in the red zone so I backed down to his base setting. Overall happy with this purchase.

It was about a month ago. I sent it to him, then I had to leave out of town on a business trip. I kept texting my son at home asking if a package had arrive from Ed Sisneros or anything with the word Sisneros on the return label. He said no. After a week I got concerned and e-mailed Ed and he e-mailed me back and said that he turned it around the same day and it should be there. So when I got home there was a package but it did not have the same address that i mailed it to and had a totally different name on it as well. But it was the ECU and had been waiting for me all along. Pure speculation here, so do not quote me on this, but *maybe* the ECU's get farmed out to someone who sits there and handles the ECU's reprogramming them with Ed's voodoo magic remap code anf them ships them back out from wherever they are doing that work..

I don't have the information at hand as to the address i sent it to, but I just followed the directions from a website link that someone here on TT had provided.

There was no tracking provided, no signature required.

Sorry man I was asking the OP. When I started typing my reply I was at the time the first person to reply. By the time I had hit the "Post" button you had already submitted your reply

Edited by mrmoto35

Were you given a turn around ETA? Have you tried to contact him? When did you send it? Do you have tracking infoicon1.png for the shipment? Did you confirm it being received and signed for?

Sorry man I was asking the OP. When I started typing my reply I was at the time the first person to reply. By the time I had hit the "Post" button you had already submitted your reply

Oops, yeah that was a my bad - too much caffeine today for me  ;-)

Edited by tahoemike00

I have had 4 done by Eddie. Never had any issues with him, now usps lost one of them for 11 days but finally got it. His maps are good.

He programmed one for my buddy two weeks ago and he over nighted it there and back. He had it back in under a week and now knows what the term flame out means when his bike ran great before. Everybody on here is jocking that dudes shit so I had my buddy send his to him and not his bike just cuts off coming out or corners.. That ain't cool

He programmed one for my buddy two weeks ago and he over nighted it there and back. He had it back in under a week and now knows what the term flame out means when his bike ran great before. Everybody on here is jocking that dudes shit so I had my buddy send his to him and not his bike just cuts off coming out or corners.. That ain't cool

The bike ran ok before he sent the ECU out for reprogramming? Why he send it for a reprogram then?

When I bought my '12 450R, the previous owner raved about the Tokyo Mods ecu remapping that had been done to it. But when I rode it, flame-out city! I'd never heard the term flame-out either until I switched from my carb'd '05 450R to the FI '12. Gave me fits. It even flamed out on me on a face of a blind doubles jump when I was riding a new track. I blipped the throttle at the lip and *POOF!* no flame. A Flying W I did. Tweaked my wrist and damaged my shoulder.

Since I go the ECU back from Eddie, no more flame-outs, even when I did my annual woods/trail ride trip. 4 days of good solid riding, zero flame-out issues, even when lugging through trees and even having it in too high of a gear. All I know is it worked for me.

I'd say if your buddy is not happy, tell Eddie.

Edited by tahoemike00

Ok guys no big deal. I guess he will get back to me. Its only been two days. I tried to call and email so I left a message. Im sure everything is ok but I thought id ask because I never actually spoke to anyone before I sent it out. I just took it off and shipped it out.

I'm pretty sure he e-mailed Eddie. I'll ask him about that again.

He sent it because these thing are notorious for running lean from the factory and since we trail ride a lot it was starting to overheat regularly. We run z start pros and he leaves his in higher gears a lot annnddd yeah he said the only difference he could tell is it cutting off.

Took it for a little rip in the neighborhood. Def noticed that there is more pull on the midrange. My 2011 Honda 450 had all the power on the bottom. The minute you tried to rev it, it fell flat on its face. I also notice there is no backfiring whatsoever also. Before I would rev it and it would pop and backfire a bit now thats all gone.

What is a flame out? If that is stupid and another thread on it. My apologies

Flame out normally accrues when your coming out of a corner when your bikes at a low rpm, you gas it and the bike chokes, cuts off.