Sign in to follow this  

2007 650L help w/selling price

Thank you in advance for any help.

New to the forum and looking for help setting an asking price for my 2007 CA. model XR650L.  

The bike is bone stock and has been taken care of as far having regular service from the dealer.  

The bike has 3962 miles on it mostly street and some dirt roads but absolutely no trail/track time.  I know this because I bought it from a good friend who bought it new.

I have had it for a few months and simply don't have the time to ride it.

I am having trouble setting an asking price for it because they seem to be fairly hard to find for sale and the prices are all over the place.

Thanks again, ML

It should sell fairly quickly at $3500.  It may take a few weeks at $4000.  Above that you could be waiting all summer to sell it.

Type "xr650l" into the sfbay version of craigslist.com to get comparable asking prices.  People often ask for more then they're willing to accept, especially on a free list like CraigsList, so asking price isn't necessarily the same as selling price.

If you're in Northern California and want a quick sale, let me have it for $2500 and I'll bring the money over tomorrow.  :D:cool:

I bought my 2007 with 8500 miles on it, bone stock, in PA for $3000. I would think in Cali you could get way more than that. Plug it into this site and see what you get: http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/

For reference, KBB told me mine should sell for $3700 or so in my zip code when I bought it in October 2013.

I think 3500-4000 is in the ballpark of what I would expect to see a bike like yours listed for. Just don't be in a hurry and don't let a buyer use driving distance or cost of fuel to negotiate a lower price. If you're too far away for them, they shouldn't be talking to you at all.

I constantly have people doing that and/or offering 30-50% less than the asking price. Doesn't matter what the item or price is, they offer half like this is Pawn Stars or something. It has become widespread and REALLY annoying.

• Like 2

I just bought one with 2800 miles on it, stock but with an FMF silencer and rejet. for $3500.  The buyer was getting mobbed with offers after he promised it to me to the point that he thinks he could have priced it higher.  Ask for $4000 to start and negotiate down if needed,

It should sell fairly quickly at $3500.  It may take a few weeks at $4000.  Above that you could be waiting all summer to sell it.

Type "xr650l" into the sfbay version of craigslist.com to get comparable asking prices.  People often ask for more then they're willing to accept, especially on a free list like CraigsList, so asking price isn't necessarily the same as selling price.

If you're in Northern California and want a quick sale, let me have it for $2500 and I'll bring the money over tomorrow.  :D:cool:

Of course you will! And put a k in yo pocket.

Edited by libertyk9

I just bought one with 2800 miles on it, stock but with an FMF silencer and rejet. for $3500.  The buyer was getting mobbed with offers after he promised it to me to the point that he thinks he could have priced it higher.  Ask for $4000 to start and negotiate down if needed

What year is the bike i got a 2009 sold first sold in June 2011 i got it in 2012 with 2k on it for $4200 but not stock had some changes i liked my investigation and paid on the spot. Made some changes to make it the bomb but they are a secret sorry.

Edited by libertyk9

Of course you will! And put a k in yo pocket.

Actually, I would ride it and loan out my current one for others to ride whenever possible.  I know quite a few people who like to ride but don't currently have a bike.  The XR650L is a pretty good loaner bike, since it's pretty hard to damage it and it's not fast enough to get most people into serious trouble.  Besides, the offer has expired anyway.

We never did hear from the original poster about the next step in getting the bike sold.

• Like 1