Sign in to follow this  

2012 crf 450r

what is an easy way to add alittle bottom end power to my 2012 crf 450 without spending a fortune?

Cheapest is sprocket. Without loosing any top end I'd put a 13.5 piston in it any have more power everywhere or yeah a system like the megabomb and remap will help the bottom end but that'll be a little more pricey

bump compression to 13.5:1 and get a stage 2 hotcam. have fun!

Yoshimura RS-4 exhaust will give better bottom.  FMF RCT 4.1 and Pro Circuit TI-5 give better top on the 2012 CRF450.

mike. Injectioneering throttle body mod also gives a bit more of the bottom. 1-2 teeth more on the rear sprocket is the easiest and cheapest way.

After that, Hot Cams stage one cam and more compression. Keep under 13:1 for pump gas.

mike

As mentioned the rear sprocket will be the least expensive route. I was impressed with what the Yosh RS4 / remap did to the bottom end & thru the rpm range on a 10 model. As a vet rider the bike has plenty of power across the board with just those 2 mods alone. Look on CL you might be able to score a good deal on the exhaust system. I picked up a like new RS4 system off CL for only $200.