Sign in to follow this  

Suspension rebuild need help someone

I am currently rebuilding my rm 250 03 forks everything was going well until i came to the part where you need to seperate the tubes it just won't happen. As soon as i try to use it like a slide hammer and finish my strike the tubes will just get stuck There for no reason. Does someone knows why? And by the way they are open chamber forks if it makes any difference. Sorry for my english I'm a french Guy...

It takes quite a bit of force to separate them sometimes, esp if it has been a while since they have been apart. The clearances are extremely tight so that can make them difficult. Just keep at it. I would go back over your steps and make sure that you removed everything that needs to be removed for them to come apart. 

If you have a friend who could help each pull on different sides and while your in there replacing the seals get some fork skins...they will save you heaps of trouble. Just make sure to still clean your dust seals lol

Make sure you removed the circlip behind the dust seal. I missed it once and bent it to hell.

Make sure to use some heat around the outer bushing area. This will let the alum outer tube relax and therefore the bushing and seal will come out easier

That being said I have had forks over the years that would just not come apart and you end up pulling the inner through the seal and bushing. Then you have to get the seal and outer bushing out of the outer fork tube which can be a pain.