Sign in to follow this  

Run over something or mfg defect?

Not a MFG defect,  that tire is almost done.

Yes it is done but i discovered the cut in the center knobby right after i put the tire on. Notice how it nearly perfectly matches the radius on the center knobby. Once i got the tire off i relized it also is nearly all the way through.

Yes it is done but i discovered the cut in the center knobby right after i put the tire on. Notice how it nearly perfectly matches the radius on the center knobby. Once i got the tire off i relized it also is nearly all the way through.

Is that a shinko 244 or a kenda k270?

Theres lots of threads on ADV forum about the k270 throwing and having cut knobs in the center just like that,   but that is with those bigger heavier adventure type bikes. 

I see what your saying about the match with the knob radius and size

just it's not like they stamp the tires  with a cutter  they are molded so I can't picture how the process even if done incorrectly would create that cut ?

Edited by Zimman

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402083434.674102.jpg

i'm going to guess that one has 3-4000 miles on it, and 1000-2000 left before the cords show. 

enjoy riding that much longer, it's fine. 

btw, shinko 244's work great ALL THE WAY DOWN to the cords. you just gotta lean em a little more in the dirt to use the side knobs ;-) 

• Like 1

i'm going to guess that one has 3-4000 miles on it, and 1000-2000 left before the cords show. 

enjoy riding that much longer, it's fine. 

btw, shinko 244's work great ALL THE WAY DOWN to the cords. you just gotta lean em a little more in the dirt to use the side knobs ;-) 

+1,  a rear shinko 244 is almost completely bald at about 6k,  they are good for about 5k imo,  the front is another story,  those are good for up to 8 or so imo.