Sign in to follow this  

03 crf450 ?'s about header size

My 03 crf450 header has a kink in it right around the bend coming from the motor and I was wondering if I should replace with a aftermarket header or an oem header. My dilemma Is that I have a white brothers e- series muffler on there I was wondering if any aftermarket header would fit up the white bros exhaust or do I have to get the oem one?

Or if anyone on here has a header they would wanna sell let me know.

Thanks

My 03 crf450 header has a kink in it right around the bend coming from the motor and I was wondering if I should replace with a aftermarket header or an oem header. My dilemma Is that I have a white brothers e- series muffler on there I was wondering if any aftermarket header would fit up the white bros exhaust or do I have to get the oem one?

Or if anyone on here has a header they would wanna sell let me know.

Thanks

Check out MRD-RACING.COM for complete, badass exhausts custom built to your needs, dave is a magician with a welder and makes amazing stuff. much better than anything youll get off the shelf for half the price.

+1^ and they have a kickass warranty that other company's can't compete with

I'm not looking for a whole system I just need to now if the aftermarket headers are the same dimensions and length as the OEM header.

And the dent is about half an inch smashed in and It's like 3 inches long you think the freezer can fix that lol/

Ive seen some massive dents come out, by filling with water and freezing. Big dents often take several freezes to get out. If the metal is creased it doesn't work so well.

Edited by nzgsr

So what I'm really wondering is aftermarket headers built to the same specs as the OEM header?

Some. When you can buy them individually they usually are. A lot of people buy just "slip ons" or the whole system but I know fmf you can do either or. If you order a powerbomb or megabomb it'll def fit a stock muffler or a after market muffler that can bolt up to a stock header.

That's diggla that's what I've been wondering I'll order a powerbomb do I need to re jet for that head?

No you will not need to jet for the FMF header.

Ok so I got my fmf powerbomb and put it on the bike but where the header meets the white bros e-series muffler there is about a 1/8 inch gap around the whole thing what should I do to seal the gap

Ok so I got my fmf powerbomb and put it on the bike but where the header meets the white bros e-series muffler there is about a 1/8 inch gap around the whole thing what should I do to seal the gap

I take it it was a full system and not a slip on with the stock header that your replacing

Take a pic of the old header.. Dude it couldn't of been a stock header.

Somethings not right, that muffler is not compatible with your new header. You cant seal a gap that big.