Sign in to follow this  

2014 YZ250f

Hi, was wondering if anyone had any maps for the new bike with a FMF Carbon exhaust on it. Looking to get a bit more low end out of the bike. Just got my suspension back and looking to try a few maps. Anyone point me in the right direction ? Thanks again

Hi, was wondering if anyone had any maps for the new bike with a FMF Carbon exhaust on it. Looking to get a bit more low end out of the bike. Just got my suspension back and looking to try a few maps. Anyone point me in the right direction ? Thanks again

Try loading the "Marmont" map for 450's. Basically gives it more fuel and ignition advance. It is a good starting point that will give you what you want.

I am sure it is a sticky in the 450 section.

I tried the marmot map in my bike and it mellowed it out to much for me. Yamaha has a few maps up on there site. I really like the mid hit map they have. MXA just put out a new map In the newest magazine with the 250f pipe shootout. Really curious to see how that works out.

Motocross action just did a pipe shootout for the 2014 250F. There is a map in there for the pipes. They did say that all the pipes were built around the stock mapping. 

Mapping_zps46c69d68.jpeg

I almost was going to buy the GYTR programmer but after doing a good bit of research decided to get the Power Commander V. For what it costs and an hour on a dyno to tune it I'm still paying less than what the GYTR unit or the Vortec would cost and can tune it in 250 rpm increments. Hoping to get set up on the dyno in the next couple weeks. Our locale dyno guru is pretty busy so its hard to get scheduled in with him.

Did anyone get a chance to test the new mxa map they posted after the pipe shootout?  I went with the full yosh exhaust but haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Would really appreciate some feed back on what maps you guys prefer with a full exhaust

I'm fluent in jetting, but mapping is all new to me.  I'm looking for high altitude off road settings for use with a Q-4 exhaust in Colorado.  The bike seems to have a flat spot between 1/4 to 1/3 throttle opening.  My 14 with this pipe feels sluggish off idle and not overly powerful anywhere.  A little more juice across the board would be nice but it has to be quiet.  I'm going to begin trial and error testing tomorrow.  Let me know if anyone has already done this homework.  Thanks.  

As an update the post above, I tried the map "Mid-rpm Hit" from the gytr website under Specs and it cleared up the flat spot and helped the overall performance.  It helped lug-ability and didn't seem to hurt the top end either.  A huge improvement at high elevation with a q-4 exhaust.  

• Like 1

It must be an altitude thing HR I'm at sea level and the power is seamless no hicups,bogs etc etc its just there from bottom to top. The highest I can get is about 800ft :) and thats if I really try ;) 

• Like 1

Thanks! It's not bad honestly. My buddies 2014 blew 103 stock exhaust. Db dawg in 94. I routinely blow 92-94 with the stock pipe and db dawg on my 2012. Looking to upgrade to FI in the next couple years and will need to tweak a map for the db dawg if it's not already done for me by then.

Little harder to start periodically and I really should work on jetting to fix that problem but...it's all good so far.

Edited by skidoorules_98

How about a map with a db dawg. We need to be 94 compliment in our harescrambles...

I imagine your db Dawg will be similar to my Q4 silencer in that they choke it down a little.  I've tried a few maps from the 450 stockpile on our mountain singletrack and found that they don't cross over to the 250 very well.  I think we're on our own.  

The Mid-hit map (for the 250) from the gytr website is the best for singletrack that I've found so far.  I tried a map from the 450's that was similar but more advanced timing (+3) in small throttle openings.  While the timing seemed to give it a little more off-idle power, it tended to stall easier and made it hard to start.  The top end was smooth but not very beefy.  Next ride, I'll bring the tuner on the trail and tweak the settings one at at time and give some feedback.  I like to make one small change at a time and then evaluate.  There are lots of crazy swings when it comes to maps from others.  I'm going to build on the gytr mid-hit map and make small improvements.  Hopefully.   :smirk:

Edited by hrpufinstuff
  • Like 1