Sign in to follow this  

Knee Guards

724162.JPG

Anyone have suggestions for knee pads/shin guards? I just bought a pair of the EVS Option...

Edited by Bocephus3000

I have the Thor quadrant ones. They're cheap for a reason. They do the job but they're uncomfortable and move around a lot. The Leatt dual axis get great reviews. They have a strap above the knee as well and seem to stay put.

I've been using Race Face stuff. It's designed for serious downhill mountain bike and not cheap but....

For knee guards I just bought these for $75cdn and am very impressed.

http://www.raceface.com/guards/legs/indy-knee/

They fit like a glove, lightweight and breathable.

My pants are in my boots and I have tech10's which give me great shin protection to just below me knee. The lower part of these fit super well under the pants and inside the boot which keep the knee guard in place. Took my boots into the mountain bike store and tried on some different products and these fit great

Crazy thing is they feel like soft pads until you hit them, then they become hard. I clipped my knee on a 3ft high rock in tight single track and they work great.

Its hard to explain so You'll need to read the info here on there D30 technology to get the idea

I getting a pair of these for under my pants.

http://www.raceface.com/guards/core/flank-liner/

I'm using there elbow pads which work great but I'd like something with more forearm protection cus I ripped a 4" strip off my arm between my wrist and elbow

4111.jpg

For me I am using a simple set of the Fly Pivotal II knee guards and so far for cheap bang for buck protection, they have sure helped alot more than I imagined! Comfortable to walk in as well as long as your boots are on and have decent tall or regular moto socks.

I have the Thor quadrant ones. They're cheap for a reason. They do the job but they're uncomfortable and move around a lot. The Leatt dual axis get great reviews. They have a strap above the knee as well and seem to stay put.

I wore the cheapo Thors for years, and never had an issue with them moving around, or comfort. Great guards fro the money imo! I moved up to the expensive Thors, and had issues with the top strap rubbing into the back of my thigh. I removed the top straps, and all is good now, except some pants are a pain to slip on, and off. My buddy has a pair of the Leatts, and is complaining of rub through on his knees. I had the same problem with the Fox hinged guards, and ditched them

I wore the cheapo Thors for years, and never had an issue with them moving around, or comfort. Great guards fro the money imo! I moved up to the expensive Thors, and had issues with the top strap rubbing into the back of my thigh. I removed the top straps, and all is good now, except some pants are a pain to slip on, and off. My buddy has a pair of the Leatts, and is complaining of rub through on his knees. I had the same problem with the Fox hinged guards, and ditched them

I just picked up a new pair of pants this week. They have some extra room in the knee for knee guards. I'm hoping it helps. Something that may be causing the issue that is no fault if the guards is that I'm skinny. I'm 6'4 and 160lbs. So the top strap on the guards is never as snug as I'd like it to be. It's strange. The bottom strap is the perfect length but the top could be a good 2-3" shorter.

I got the Fox Titan Pro Knee/Shin guards.

They are probably the closest you can get to knee braces without the hefty price tag and well worth it.

Heard knee braces are the way to go, my knees are a bit sketchy so will probably fork out and get a pair one day.