USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

KX 450f starts then dies after about 5-10 min of run time. Any ideas?

So i own a 06 kx450f and recently it has started to die after about 10 min of run time it doesn't matter if i run it hard or just  let it idle also ive noted that it is running hotter at the pipe witch is also new. I have taken it a part and cleaned the carb just with carb cleaner, never took the carb apart witch Im scared to do cause i don't know if i have the skillicon1.png that it takes to put it all together and have it run right. 

Wrong forum, but tell us more about what happens when it dies and how long it takes to get restarted. Next time it dies, remove the gas cap and listen for a vacuum sound, If you hear something, the cap vent may be plugged. If that seems to be good, check spark when it dies. 

• Like 2

Hot pipe?  Clogged/partially clogged jet.  Not very obvious.  The orifice(s) is/are tiny.  If you can screw a screwdriver, you can remove/reinstall a jet. 

vapor lock.

Do you have one of those little short stiffy gascap vent lines?

Those things suck- toss it if you do.

I've seen dudes blow races with those.

And yeah- wrong forum. Unless you want to get beat up...electronically. :smashpc:

Edited by dezracerE
  • Like 1

So i own a 06 kx450f and recently it has started to die after about 10 min of run time it doesn't matter if i run it hard or just  let it idle also ive noted that it is running hotter at the pipe witch is also new. I have taken it a part and cleaned the carb just with carb cleaner, never took the carb apart witch Im scared to do cause i don't know if i have the skillicon1.png that it takes to put it all together and have it run right. 

We used to see alot of this and 80% of the time a carb cleaning fixed it.