Sign in to follow this  

Spring rate suggestions.

I am tackling a 2010 Yz 250 with a 65-68kg ( aprox 145-150lbs ), 6.1" novice intermediate rider without gear.

Look at a better suited setup both controls and most importantly suspension for general motocross, from general rider feed back I'm under the impression the springs are too stiff ( harsh front end, lack of rear suspension travel and a host of other feedback ). The bike is completely stock so stock springs are in use etc.

I'm thinking of fork springs in the range of 0.40-0.44 ( I'm 75kg ( 165lbs ), 6.2", novice intermediate recreational rider and use 0.44 in a 2010 yz450 )

Thinking of a rear spring in the range of 5.0-5.2-5.4 as I'm running a 5.4 ( slightly soft I think....)

Also rider is after an over all plush feel especially in the initial stroke. Should any changes be made to the slow speed stack in either front or rear??

Any input would be great!!

Theres a ton of adjustability before you swap springs. After that...personally, i chose to revalve my forks by removing a few slow speed shims, then adjusted my preload to even it out...works well. The front is like butter. I dont even think about it anymore.  Rears a little rigid but it tracks super straight no matter what i hit.

I just changed out my springs front and rear and used the Racetech spring calculator. You can input rider weight, ability, and what type of riding you do etc. I will try them out tomorrow for the first time. I can't recommend any valving changes.