Sign in to follow this  

chattering from clutch with lever pulled in

this has been a occurrence for about 1k miles now but it has never gotten louder until now. when i am in gear with clutch pulled in i can a chattering sound coming from the clutch.i have already inspected the clutch disks and the basket and found nothing out of the ordinary. my cs nut is not loose, where would start to look to make this go away? 

how can i tell it is bad?

Pull pressure plate off & feel bearing for play.  If you have any doubts just put a new one in, cheap & easy.

Pull pressure plate off & feel bearing for play.  If you have any doubts just put a new one in, cheap & easy.

ill pull the clutch cover in a bit and update the result, thanks man  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Pull pressure plate off & feel bearing for play. If you have any doubts just put a new one in, cheap & easy.

so i pulled checked that bearing and its fine at this point i dont know if this is normal or not and not sure where to go look for this problem at either.

Does your current clutch require the spring washer & spring seat.  If it does is it installed properly ?

likely the clutch hub springs... or rather the pocket in the hub that is worn.. and the springs rattling. 

would you suggest on replacing the spring may take the rattle out? if so what springs would you recommend? thanks..

Edited by fuentes52

would you suggest on replacing the spring may take the rattle out? if so what springs would you recommend? thanks..

Springs are not replaceable and it's the hub that is wearing along with the springs.

If that is your noise, you live with it or replace the clutch hub assembly or experiment with a way to fix the spring/hub

• Like 1

Springs are not replaceable and it's the hub that is wearing along with the springs.

If that is your noise, you live with it or replace the clutch hub assembly or experiment with a way to fix the spring/hub

okay thanks for the info bud!  :thumbsup: