USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Where's the brake light contact located for the rear brake?

I have a 2003 S with the stock incandescent tail light (I know, I know). I noticed yesterday that my brake light won't dim to the "running light" mode with the key in the ON position. It will dim if I switch the key to the "parking" position. I see in the wiring diagram that the contacts for the front and rear brake are both normally open. I unplugged the front brake switch and the brake light is still brightly illuminated. This leads me to believe the problem is the rear brake switch. I see how the rear brake works, but I don't see the contact. Where's it at?

I have a 2003 S with the stock incandescent tail light (I know, I know). I noticed yesterday that my brake light won't dim to the "running light" mode with the key in the ON position. It will dim if I switch the key to the "parking" position. I see in the wiring diagram that the contacts for the front and rear brake are both normally open. I unplugged the front brake switch and the brake light is still brightly illuminated. This leads me to believe the problem is the rear brake switch. I see how the rear brake works, but I don't see the contact. Where's it at?

Right at the brake Pedal

At the rear and inboard slightly

Push button switch activated by a small arm off the lever.

20090213AssembleDRZ400Linkage0121.jpg

• Like 1

Notice the bolt in the pic Erik posted, that is adjustable. When it is not pressing the button on the switch, the light is illuminated. You probably just need to back that bolt out a bit so it contacts the switch.