Sign in to follow this  

Will RM 250 Forks Guards fit on a 2001 Suzuki DRZ 400E?

I'm wondering if the RM 250 or the RM 125 Fork Guards would fit on a 2001 Suzuki DRZ 400E? If so, which years would fit on it/

I believe certain years will fit, but you will need the triples as well. And then they will need to be re-sprung/re-valved to work correctly with the larger bike and your weight.

Do a search on here, there is a lot of information about making the swap floating around.

I believe certain years will fit, but you will need the triples as well. And then they will need to be re-sprung/re-valved to work correctly with the larger bike and your weight.

Do a search on here, there is a lot of information about making the swap floating around.

I run the stock springs and valving in my guards and they work great. ;)

Soak up the hits and keep the mud off! 

Edited by MindBlower
  • Like 1

I meant the fork guard like the plastic guard that protects the forks from rocks, mud, etc.., I have an aftermarket one but the other one (right one) fell of.

I meant the fork guard like the plastic guard that protects the forks from rocks, mud, etc.., I have an aftermarket one but the other one (right one) fell of.

Ohh my bad I totally missed the word "guard"  :facepalm:

E doesn't have USD forks, you won't be able to put them on without some engineering. Someone's done it here not too long ago (150ron maybe?)

Fork (Guards)

Fork (Guards)

That's what he was talking about...

150 ron did it for aesthetic reasons, with DRZ400SM fork guards and seal savers.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1055336-adding-sm-plastic-fork-guards-to-a-s-model/?p=11199914

Or you can do something where the actual guards are protecting the fork stanchions.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/751949-ktm-blade-style-fork-guards-drz400-s-or-e-model/

• Like 2

1996-98 RM 125/250 featured a conventional 49 mm fork very similar to the DRZ fork in design, other than being a closed cartridge design.

The fork protectors, which are integrated into the numberplate will probably fit with a little work. The fork protector sliders would probably require the most tweaking as there are grooves in the RM fork for mounting.

I would experiment with cutting the upper portion of the numberplate, or simply mount a headlight in front of it. It also comes in black.

Might even use some socks on the forks too to keep mud away.

Suzuki_1997_RM250.jpg