Sign in to follow this  

Former Deftones drummer trade drum for dirt bike lessons

Hi serious thumpers hope to make friends here. I put the title up to hope to get the most responses. My name is John Taylor and I live in Sacramento CA. I rode a xr75 back when I was 10-13 then when I got my first drum set that was it for dirt bikes. Years later still hard at it on drums and having a moto revival ! It's great starting out all over again learning so much , but could use training as well, and I thought maybe a real good rider needs help learning how to play much better drums and could use training this I could do bro. Ha so there u have it any MX wanna be drummers please reply. Thanks JT. Late

image.jpg

That's so funny. When I was around 11-12 years old I was playing the guitar. Then I got my first bike. Well long story short never played an instrument again, except for the sweet sounds of braaaaaaap.

Good story what bike u trail ride up there? Good trails there I bet. What's the epic fun not to hard ohv park to goto in Oregon?

My current steed is a DRZ 400. And yes our trails up here are great and scenic. I would recommend trying out the sand dunes, Tillamook Forest, my new favorite East Fort Rock, or any other places Oregon has to offer. Most of our trail systems have a wide range of difficulty level and are normally posted from easiest to most hard.

• Like 1

China Hat out in Bend, OR is a great place to spend a weekend trail riding! I did a lot of learning how to ride there last summer. Hoping to go back soon. Tons of fun trails that are easy enough to learn on, then once you're comfortable on the bike there's tons of ridiculously fun trails. And everything is mapped out really well.

I too rode until I was 13, then got hot and heavy into playing bass and guitar and sold my bike that I wasn't using to fund an amp and new bass. 6 years and a blown out knee later and I'm back on a bike with little skills haha. Still loving music, too.