Sign in to follow this  

Tennis elbow in clutch arm

Any of you ever get this? It's really starting to cramp my style. What can I do to heal or prevent it?

Any of you ever get this? It's really starting to cramp my style. What can I do to heal or prevent it?

Enjoy the butter smooth, ease of pull hydraulic clutch provided by KTM, you I assume are still using the antiquated cable pull design!

Go to walmart and get an elbow support...There's all kinds to try.... try that to get around it and let it heal a little.. If I'm riding regular I have to have my knee support foam on otherwise I suffer...  Something tells me you might be holding on too tight or not relaxing and breathing evenly through when riding.. just something to think about. I know I lock up and get arm pump etc if I'm not concentrating on breathing through tough sections..and being relaxed.. but that's just me. I also injured my lower back multiple times so I wear a kidney belt for support otherwise I'm history. Do you use your clutch alot?.. maybe you can start just doing some grip excercises later.. now you just gotta support and rest it a little. You aren't alone. I get it sometimes and lots of others do too. Ia know it's weird but what helps me for riding is swimming. For me it forces me to breath evenly and steadily. I have a tendency to clench my teeth and not breathe at times . I have to break that habit and swimming does that for me. It helps me with arm pump and a bunch of other stuff.. Hey when you swim ya gotta breath regular or you swallow water. It's good for loosening my shoulders too that get pretty locked up tight.. The swimming helps with stretching and opening up the body..like tight elbows..shoulders..everything really. I'm not a great swimmer either so it's a little frustrating but when I'm done I feel way better and I sleep good. ..clears your sinuses too. 

I forgot you can use some sports tape too.. tennis elbow is common so you can get that too.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Like hawaiirider said, just get a support from Walmart. They work well, plus you don't have to bear the headaches associated with owning a KTM. :)

• Like 3

Like hawaiirider said, just get a support from Walmart. They work well, plus you don't have to bear the headaches associated with owning a KTM. :)

haha...and I look terrible in orange :)

If it's inflamed (tendonitis) Ice, a cortisone shot, rest and cold beers help. If it's "tendonosis", repetitive, chronic injury without inflamation (is that possible?), rest ad more beers, surgery? drugs?

Anyway, you can try some Ibuprofin and if that  relieves all symptoms it's probably inflamation. Ice, stretching, Kentucky whiskey and magnets in an elbow wrap while I sleep helps me.

Like hawaiidirtrider says check your grip on the bars and don't forget to breathe and relax whenever possible.

good luck

• Like 2

Rekluse makes a device to help with this.

I got one of those straps like some if you mentioned and it has made a huge difference. It's still there but much better, at least I can pull in my clutch without getting tears in my eye now lol.

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

firstly I have had this, many years ago and it can be very difficult to break the inflammation cycle, I had one injection of steroids and it has been very much improved ever since, but we actually make (in Australia) a product that could also be of use see www.onelightclutch.com,

Kind Regards Owen.

20121231_0392.JPG