Sign in to follow this  

125 frame cradles

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a frame cradle for my wife's 2003 ttr125. Got the bike this week its a nice example 1 owner hardly ridden.

Anyway, I think it needs a frame cradle as it will be ridden by adults. Can anyone who has a frame cradle tell me what the think of the one below and what is so good about a bbr one making it about 4 times the price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121350071530?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks.

Was that one in your EBay link 49 US dollars or 49 British pounds?

I had a BBR frame cradle on my 2003 TTR125L back in 2003.

It worked just fine and dandy, but, to be honest, I wasn't doing any riding hard enough to break anything, anyway, and I bought it because I had money burning a hole in my pocket.

The one I had in 2003 looked different from the one currently on the BBR website - I remember mine being made from tubular metal and anodized in a gold finish.

Just going by pics of today's BBR cradle and the one in your EBay link, it looks like the BBR one is a bit heavier in construction and has a skid plate as part of the deal.

Its 49 pounds. A bbr one will be around 190 pounds total with shipping import tax etc. It used to be cheap to get stuff from usa but customs bum us now. A skid plate would be good but they are easy to make. Unlsss someone can see a fault with the ebay one i give it a go. I doubt our bike will be ridden that hard but it cant hurt to have a cradle can it???

I have the ebay one from the link I posted, got it for £40 total, bbr one with import duty etc would have been £190 ish. Its solid cant flex it at all, seems well made, I will DIY a skid plate and hopefully jobs a goodun. Will post pics of it fitted later.