Sign in to follow this  

2013 RMZ-450 Quality is horrendous

I've had an 05, 07 ,  09, 11 and finally the 2013 suzuki rmz450

Had the starter shaft break on me twice and then finally the other day I wiped out (pretty bad) because the chain guide on the top of the swing arm got ripped off by the chain and stuck in the front sprocket basically seizing the bike and throwing me over the bars....

Hmm, I have had zero issues. My '13 is built as well or better than any other bike I have owned.

How many hours were on your chain guide?

• Like 1

Had the starter shaft break on me twice and then finally the other day I wiped out (pretty bad) because the chain guide on the top of the swing arm got ripped off by the chain and stuck in the front sprocket basically seizing the bike and throwing me over the bars....

Go buy something else then and stop crying about it

• Like 1

No issues to speak of here for my 13' with 35 hours. Hope it stays that way!

• Like 1

Go buy something else then and stop crying about it

that would only cause more suffering...Suzuki has to give away their new RMZ's so they aren't worth squat when you go to sell them.

Sorry to hear that! Did the bolt come loose on the chain guide or did it just rip out? I have had one of the chain guide bolts fall out once even though it was tightened so now I blue lock-tite them. Hope you weren't hurt.

But its your 5th RMZ....you love the bike and you hurt your vagina in the crash these things happen.  We are all hear for you.  Give yourself time to heal.

• Like 1

Considering the 13 has the same parts all your other RMZ's you shouldn't be so surprised. Everyone that has owned an RMZ knows that the chain guide, slider are weak. It was one of the first things that I was recommended to replace.

• Like 2

Had a 2010 with 60 hard hours awesome. I have a brand new 12 and 13 and I race them both and they have been great. Sorry to hear about your troubles

Considering the 13 has the same parts all your other RMZ's you shouldn't be so surprised. Everyone that has owned an RMZ knows that the chain guide, slider are weak. It was one of the first things that I was recommended to replace.

Same thing here! It's a known fact the chain sliders junk, so is Kawasaki's! Changed mine right away!

• Like 1