Sign in to follow this  

Best bolt kit

For those of you who are into flipping/restoring bikes, what brand bolt kit do you use?  Who offers the best bang for the buck?  I'm looking for to pick up a few kits for the garage.

Thanks

For those of you who are into flipping/restoring bikes, what brand bolt kit do you use?  Who offers the best bang for the buck?  I'm looking for to pick up a few kits for the garage.

Thanks

Compile a list of the most common M6...M8, M10 bolts, etc....

Then just go to a hardware or even a fastener store and put together your own kit for a FRACTION of the price :thumbsup:

Those companies are raping you on those kits...

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 1

Compile a list of the most common M6...M8, M10 bolts, etc....

Then just go to a hardware or even a fastener store and put together your own kit for a FRACTION of the price :thumbsup:

Those companies are raping you on those kits...

Depends on the company and the dealer!  My dealer carries an assorted bolt kit for KTMs, but you've gotta buy a kit for your own bike.  It'll have bolts of the right lengths, collars, head sizes, etc.  My costs for a hefty box of hardware was only $22.00, and I've used it a bunch of times. 

I'd just check with your dealer or search online for a bike specific bolt kit.  See what you find!

• Like 1

I have a 98 cr250 and a lot of the body panel bolts are missing or wrong. I just bit the bullet and ordered a bunch of those screws from the cheaper oem honda website can't remember the name, ended up being $20-$30 or so. Couldn't find a full bolt kit for 98, only for 2000 and up.

i really like the tusk kit from rocky mountain, came with everything i need at a good price

I picked up the kit from Cycle Gear a couple of years ago...it's got every damn you could possibly want!

• Like 1

One of the things I've always wanted to do is take one of my rigs to a local aircraft fastener company.  We have plenty around here in Long Beach SOCAL.  The trick is convincing the guy to let you rummage through his stock, then give you a fair price for everything.  Take the bike, some tools, and plenty of smoke and spend a few hours exchanging every bolt on your bike (except for the engine) with strong light weight super alloy bolts, nuts and washers.

There was a 83 Maico 490 Sand Spider on eBay a few years back where the guy selling it worked in the aircraft industry and he did just that.  He managed to replace everything including engine bolts and in the process shaved off some weight.

And they looked awesome.  On my todo list when I win me some lotto.

:devil:

Edited by YZ490-DEVIL