USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Normal for slide on FCR-MX to be a little open with EMN Needle?

hey guys,

Got the FCR carb in today, and im currently getting everything set up on it. I just installed the EMN needle but im curious: is it normal for the slide to be a little open after installing it? I have nearly a 1cm gap i can see through...

Normal, or did i break something?

*EDIT* also noticed that the timing adjustment screw under the throttle wheel was in a weird position. Took some pics for reference

carb1.JPG

carb2.JPG

Edited by Cynictis

The needle should not be causing it to stay that high, if thats the case then something is wrong.

There is an idle speed adjustment that will cause the slide to stay open a certain amount., this should cause the slide to move up and down slightly when you turn it. That should bring the slide down...

Edited by Wisconsinite762

Idle speed adjustment is full in and there's still a gap. It seems the throttle wheel is unable to return all the way in as it hits the back of the "arm" that controls the timing adjustment (see o-ring mod pic below)

FCRO-Ring1.jpg

Notce how it's parallel while mine is slanted? it looks like it fell behind- problem is... i can't get it to come forward at all :(

Don't know what to do next...

Idle speed adjustment is full in and there's still a gap. 

When the idle speed adjustment screw is full in that means the slide will be farther up. Turn it out (CCW) to lower the slide.

• Like 1

When the idle speed adjustment screw is full in that means the slide will be farther up. Turn it out (CCW) to lower the slide.

Let me clarify: There's a gap between the throttle wheel and the top of the adjustment screw .

carb3.jpg

Edited by Cynictis

Pull the bowl, and check if the needle is of course.

Guess you will have a quite high idle with that opening of the slide.

You can also take the needle out and check how far down the slide goes

it should be like this when idle is fully out :

KeihinFCR-MX.jpg

KeihinFCR-MX.jpg

Slide doesnt go all the way down with needle removed. It has to do with that stupid little screw thats jammed at that weird angle. it's causing the wheel to not return properly because there's a tab on an arm behind it that actuates with the polyurethane wheel that's behind the metal one- which appears to have jumped track and is pushed against the side wall- and it's no longer causing the plastic arm to push down on the rod that goes down to the bottom of the carb.

Problem is, i have no idea how to reset it. If i could get the throttle wheel off, i might could- but i'm not sure how to do that. Thoughts?

Edited by Cynictis

KeihinFCR-MX.jpg

Cant see your pic fdog

Slide doesnt go all the way down with needle removed. It has to do with that stupid little screw thats jammed at that weird angle. it's causing the wheel to not return properly because there's a tab on an arm behind it that actuates with the polyurethane wheel that's behind the metal one- which appears to have jumped track and is pushed against the side wall- and it's no longer causing the plastic arm to push down on the rod that goes down to the bottom of the carb.

Problem is, i have no idea how to reset it. If i could get the throttle wheel off, i might could- but i'm not sure how to do that. Thoughts?

Did you buy the carb new? If so, return it!

I dont think neither of you guys fixed it yet, its going to hang again more than likely, so Id keep playing with it till you see exactly whats happening.

its the springs and linkage behind the throttle wheel

pull the wheel out some, twist back and set the springs and linkage

this happens to me every time, I take the phillip screw out

• Like 1