Sign in to follow this  

Yfz rear brake not working

On my yfz the rear brake will not work for anything. We have taken apart the master cylinder and the caliper cleaned everything up real good,reassembled bled em,nothing. We've tried bleeding them 2 different ways 2 or 3 times. Is their anything else to try or what do you guys think is the problem so I can get parts ordered. Brake pads are good as well

I've had some recent experiences where it is just extremely difficult to bleed. Even when I had a good flow of brake fluid coming out of the bleeder. Try heating the line with a heat gun or hair dryer while bleeding. That's helped me before

Could be a bent rotor

I was thinking that but the brake pads aren't even coming close to the rotor they're like this far on each side from the rotor ___

I've had some recent experiences where it is just extremely difficult to bleed. Even when I had a good flow of brake fluid coming out of the bleeder. Try heating the line with a heat gun or hair dryer while bleeding. That's helped me before

I'll try that next time if I don't find a cheap used full rear brake assembly on eBay tonight