Help Needed: Rekluse Core setting install gap/freeplay gain

Team-need some help here getting the Installed Gap figured out with the Rekluse Core EXP clutch on my Son's bike.

We bought a new '12 250SXF with a Rekluse Core EXP installed from the very start.

Jr. completely smoked the clutch on a ride awhile back after getting stuck on a sand bar way deeper than the front and rear axle (but that's another funny story). The drive plates and friction plates were toast so we replaced them with new.

I've watched the Rekluse installation vids until I'm blue in the face, I'm doing what they say to do, am adjusting what they say to adjust, but still can't get the Free Play Gain adjusted....at all.

Using the Dial-A-Gap adjuster, the Rekluse instructions say to find the starting point by turning the Dial-A-Gap clockwise until it lightly seats itself. Then the directions say to continue turning the Dial-A-Gap clockwise another full turn in plus two ticks using a 5mm allen wrench. I've done this correctly.

Now to verify the Free Play Gain, with the bike in neutral, you start the bike, and with light pressure on the clutch lever you blip the throttle a few times up to roughly 5k rpm to confirm the end of the clutch lever moves in or collapses 1/8".

The instructions and vids say that if the lever doesn't move in, turn the Dial-A-Gap CCW two ticks out and check for the Free Play Gain again. We did this. Still no movement of the clutch lever

We've turned the Dial a gap out a total of 6 tick marks out from that 1.2 turns in from the Starting Point and the clutch lever still doesn't move in at all.

I don't want to screw anything up.

Does anyone have any helpful hints? Do I try 8 tick marks? 10 tick marks out?

Big Thanks for your input!

Dirty

Not intending to be insulting at all, but do you understand how the mechanism works?

I only say that, because the "free play gain" is nothing more than essentially showing how far the EXP disk is expanding into the pressure plate, and pushing the pressure plate out and away from the clutch actuation rod.

I am wondering myself if the plates are correct.    How is the clutch stack?   Are you sure the EXP is expanding?  Is it "stuck" expanded?  Is the EXP disk worn?  Definitely make sure the hydraulics are bled properly, but I would not think that would mess with the free play gain.   I would just think air in the clutch would simply prevent proper manual operation..

• 2 weeks later...