Sign in to follow this  

NEWBIE need help buying the correct jet kit for 94 XT350

I just got my first bike (94 XT350) and would like to do the 3X3 mod, slip on, and jet kit but am completely lost when it comes to jetting and what to buy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

3x3?  slip on's are getting rare for these bikes and jetting is always problematic on these.  I know I own one.  there was a member that posted up a jetting kit for them but most have been done by trial and error.  mine is pretty highly modded and I ended up using an o2 sensor to get mine very close to right.

3x3?  slip on's are getting rare for these bikes and jetting is always problematic on these.  I know I own one.  there was a member that posted up a jetting kit for them but most have been done by trial and error.  mine is pretty highly modded and I ended up using an o2 sensor to get mine very close to right.

Sorry I should have been more specific. I want to open up the airbox. 3X3 just stands for the 3" X 3" (roughly) hole most people cut out where theres normally just a small snorkel letting air into the air filter. I've found DG, FMF, and SuperTrapp slip ons still for sale and this is the only jet kit I've found specifically for the xt350 so far http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yamaha-XT350-XT-350-cc-Enduro-6-Sigma-Custom-Carburetor-Carb-Stage-1-3-Jet-Kit-/331204512746?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1d53cbea&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

What exactly did you do with an an o2 sensor? To get your a/f (lean/rich mixture) correct? From everything I've read on the xt350's is that they run lean. Thats why i'm looking into a jet kit which seems like a cheap way to fix that and gain some power opening up the exhaust and air box. These stock silencers are extremely restrictive! I also have not seen an aftermarket header for the bike but the stock header dosn't look restrictive at all to me

stock header is ok if you grind the weld down inside. 

mine has gutted air box,  cone filters,  port matched + polished intake,  stainless valves,  titanium valve springs and retainers,  custom ground cams by web cams,  port matched (to gaskets) + polished exh,  ss oversize aftermarket head pipe  and gytr silencer off of a 660 raptor.

o2 sensor was the only way to get it jetted close for af ratios at the time as that kit was not available when I did mine.  mine got done after I lean burnt it down with a supertrapp at low rpms with just the snorkel out and a tpi valve in the airbox lid on a hot day in traffic.

[/url]">http://http://s242.photobucket.com/user/maim19/media/motorcycle%20teardown%20pics/012.jpg.html'>012.jpg

stock head pipe vs aftermarket

Edited by maim

stock header is ok if you grind the weld down inside. 

mine has gutted air box,  cone filters,  port matched + polished intake,  stainless valves,  titanium valve springs and retainers,  custom ground cams by web cams,  port matched (to gaskets) + polished exh,  ss oversize aftermarket head pipe  and gytr silencer off of a 660 raptor.

o2 sensor was the only way to get it jetted close for af ratios at the time as that kit was not available when I did mine.  mine got done after I lean burnt it down with a supertrapp at low rpms with just the snorkel out and a tpi valve in the airbox lid on a hot day in traffic.

[/url]">http://012.jpg

stock head pipe vs aftermarket

Oh nice! My bike only has 4600 kms on it right now and still looks like a new bike so I'm hoping I won't need to do a major overhaul any time soon but i would love a little more power and a little more "BRRRAAAPPPP" ......if it dosn't cost much

mine has 20000km on it now.  had 18000km when I poped it.  need to fix head lamp wiring from stator so I can ride it to work more as I work afternoon shift.

mine has 20000km on it now.  had 18000km when I poped it.  need to fix head lamp wiring from stator so I can ride it to work more as I work afternoon shift.

Haha my headlights are working fine along with the tail light and brake light but my signals are out. Another thing on the list to do. I just got it insured so I'm excited to get riding. Pretty cheap to ride too. About $40 a month to insure and getting 60mpg aint so bad!

$40 A month? Im paying $150 for the year with sr22 filing Im a bad boy thats with progressive.

I guess BC's insurance rates are just a little higher. Might have something to do with it being my first bike and only having a learners license. Either way it's a whole lot cheaper to insure and fill up than my truck

Haha my headlights are working fine along with the tail light and brake light but my signals are out. Another thing on the list to do. I just got it insured so I'm excited to get riding. Pretty cheap to ride too. About $40 a month to insure and getting 60mpg aint so bad!

dude that is cheap on insurance.  I am with primmum (td) and have been since I bought the bike used in 2002.  just for plpd with 3 years experience back in 03 it was $550.00 for the 1st full year.  6 months only saves me $50.00 so I keep it on all year. it is probably sitting around what you are paying now but it and the wr are on the same policy and the bill was just over $700.00 but I took the theft off of the wr after I paid the bill.   

see the same difference in snowmobile insurance on the sled forum between us and Canada but state to state they still vary.

yup much cheaper to run than the truck for sure and a lot more fun too.  wr or xt,  does not matter.  still only costs me about $15.00 a week for either to run back and forth to work.

Are you in Canada? ok if not check into Progressive and drop collision. Your spending more if a few years than the bike is worth.

dude that is cheap on insurance. I am with primmum (td) and have been since I bought the bike used in 2002. just for plpd with 3 years experience back in 03 it was $550.00 for the 1st full year. 6 months only saves me $50.00 so I keep it on all year. it is probably sitting around what you are paying now but it and the wr are on the same policy and the bill was just over $700.00 but I took the theft off of the wr after I paid the bill.

see the same difference in snowmobile insurance on the sled forum between us and Canada but state to state they still vary.

yup much cheaper to run than the truck for sure and a lot more fun too. wr or xt, does not matter. still only costs me about $15.00 a week for either to run back and forth to work.

Some good cheap fun for sure! I just wished we didn't have those few winter months up here in Canada. This is just my first season riding but just thinking about not being able to ride all winter is kinda depressing

Some good cheap fun for sure! I just wished we didn't have those few winter months up here in Canada. This is just my first season riding but just thinking about not being able to ride all winter is kinda depressing

actually lol,  the bike is my substitute for my sled.  I enjoy both a lot but usually would rather be sledding!

Are you in Canada? ok if not check into Progressive and drop collision. Your spending more if a few years than the bike is worth.

never had collision on any bike, sled or atv once paid for.  here in Ontario canada primmum or td insurance is the cheapest for all recreational vehicles.  they do add discounts for the more things you have insured with them.  they just got my truck as they where $2000 cheaper than Aviva and then gave me almost $1000.00 back in refunds on my sleds/bikes/quad insurance.

Edited by maim