Sign in to follow this  

2010 bogging/ acting weird.

Okay so forget my other post about my bike. Here's what's wrong. It wants to bog in mid to top real bad. And it's fuel injected so it shouldn't bog. Can anyone please help me into figuring out what's wrong with it? I've googled this any nothing has come up. Please help me. I need it quicks thanks

The fuel filter in the tank can cause those symptoms, when it's plugged.

• Like 1

Yep, sounds like fuel filter.

Edited by Eddie8v
  • Like 1

So all I have to do is put a new fuel filter in it? I ran seafoam in it and everything since I thought the injector needed to be cleaned out. It wants to bog and sound like it's "missing" in mid to top end. Even when it's on the ground. And it seems like when the bike is hot, it does it worse.

Change the fuel filter. You should never run a fuel system cleaner if there's a chance that the fuel filter is very dirty or plugged, bike or car/truck. All is does is break up the filter's trapped particles and cause more problems down stream, post-filter...

Edited by Eddie8v

Oh okay, thanks for the heads up on that! I'm gonna drain the remaining gas in it tonight and order a fuel filter for it. Hopefully that fixes it

After you change the fuel filter, you could then run a fuel system cleaner to clean out the injector. I am partial to Lucas.

After I change it, I'll drop a little bit into it. But I'm not gonna run pump gas anymore. I don't want that ethanol ran through my engine. Any recommendations on what vp fuel to run? I ran u4.4 in it at one point. Should I stick with that or get something else?

U4.4 needs richer mapping. T4 is an unleaded fuel you could use.

It ran perfect with the u4.4 though. But I'll try that too! Thanks man, I appreciate it

I agree as well that the fuel filter should be changed.

As for fuel, like Eddie suggested T4 or VPR is another good option.  They are both pretty similar, although VPR is leaded had has a higher octane rating (105 vs T4's 100), and they both cost about $20 less for 5 gallons then U4.4.  

MS109 is a good fuel but requires remapping like U4.4.

Even the stock bike needs remapping. I would suggest you contact Eddie Sisneros on this board. Tell him your exact intake, motor and exhaust configuration and your desired fuel (and why) and he can burn you a new map for very little cost vs performance gained.

Edited by Eddie8v

What about the motosport 109?

That's also 105 octane, although more expensive then the other two mentioned.  If you have a stock motor the ONLY reason to run race fuel is for purity and consistency.  Also, stay away from high octane fuels since the higher the octane the less power a stock motor will make.  If money isn't an option and you want the best performing fuel run MR-Pro6, it's 95 octane.... although I can't stand the smell and it burns by eyes after awhile. lol

I'll just try all 3 and see which I like out of them lol thanks for y'all's help!

Wow, that's not smart, but good luck.

Yea I legitimately just thought about that. That's a horrible idea. Dunno why I said that. I'll just use what you told me to use Eddie. Thanks lol

Good call to go with Eddie's rec.  I'm suprised you can't find a good non ethanol pump fuel down there. Is that common everywhere in the US? Here in Canada we have several non ethanol 91,92, octane premium pump fuels.