Sign in to follow this  

Fcr 39 slant ... again

hi , i am about to buy a fcr 39 (slant)that came from a drz e . But now its on a drz sm the guy started the drz and it worked fine but he tell me that somethime the idle rev higher and that if i want to make it work A1 ,i have to change the get and needle . So my question is what do i have to change to make it work A1 . is there a kit that i can buy that have all i need ?thanks ...

this is the carb ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402176777.007914.jpgthanks

sorry for my english i am french... and he will sell it to me for 200$ . i alredy know that i will have to change the trhottle cable . he give me the boots

$200 for a carb that already has issues might not be a deal. Especially as you won't know what it needs until you tear it apart.

Around $500 you can have a brand new, with new cables and all. I know that's a fair amount more, but it will be brand new, and will work without ordering other parts.

For carb parts I always use Jets'R'Us, however I'm not sure if they ship outside the US.

Mine came from Wheeling Cycle Supply. I don't remember exactly what I paid, IIRC it was a just over $500 (had a few things to order at the time).

Last time I checked they don't have them on the website, but I called and they had several in stock. So just a heads up.

i dont know where is the best price but on thumpertalk store its around 630$ shipped to my house in montreal canada ... at that price its a little bit hard on my pocket..

he was telling me that on Wheeling Cycle supply i can get one for arroung 500$ not on thumpertalk haha so i was checking on this site ...

As we are not mind readers, we can only reply to what you post not what you think or guess what you meant.

Seeing as you said "this site" while actually on "this site" one would naturally assume you meant "this site"

flamethrower.gif

• Like 1

sorry im french so im not perfect in english haha

All good M8, I'm an Australian and no one holds that against me. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

hi , i am about to buy a fcr 39 (slant)that came from a drz e . But now its on a drz sm the guy started the drz and it worked fine but he tell me that somethime the idle rev higher and that if i want to make it work A1 ,i have to change the get and needle . So my question is what do i have to change to make it work A1 . is there a kit that i can buy that have all i need ?thanks ...

this is the carb attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402176777.007914.jpgthanks

mmmmmm....well the carb looks reasonably fresh by the pic you posted, and what you are describing is a hanging idle, which potentially could be sorted rather easily by setting the fuel screw correctly....

Q's to ask owner.......

Why is a new needle and main jet required...?

Why is he selling it..?

At the end of the day a used fcr is going to be a gamble .....so I am going to sit on the fence without offering a thumbs up or thumbs down....

On a positive note, the fcrMx from the TT store is an "Everything You Need" deal and the mx is an upgrade of the carb you are contemplating...

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 1

mmmmmm....well the carb looks reasonably fresh by the pic you posted, and what you are describing is a hanging idle, which potentially could be sorted rather easily by setting the fuel screw correctly....

Q's to ask owner.......

Why is a new needle and main jet required...?

Why is he selling it..?

At the end of the day a used fcr is going to be a gamble .....so I am going to sit on the fence without offering a thumbs up or thumbs down....

On a positive note, the fcrMx from the TT store is an "Everything You Need" deal and the mx is an upgrade of the carb you are contemplating...

the carb is much dirty in real ...i just gived up ,i will wait and try to get a new one if i can find one for arround 500$ at my door

the carb is much dirty in real ...i just gived up ,i will wait and try to get a new one if i can find one for arround 500$ at my door

I know you said your French but that doesn't say where yo shipping address is....

The complete package from the TT store will be hard to beat for 561USD.....( it's a conversion kit as opposed to a straight carb buy.)..

So unless they pay you $61 to receive it , which ain't go'in to happen.... :facepalm:

it's most likely going to be around the 600 big ones to your door...

• Like 1