Thinking about powder coating my swingarm, will it look bad?

I'm rebuilding my entire bike from the ground up on a new frame. While everything is off I'm going to get some things powder coated. The new frame, some subframe bits at the wheel hubs.

At what point is there too much black? I have black plastics, a soon to be black tank and black rims. I need to rebuild one of the wheels so I was thinking about rebuilding both with black spokes and hubs.

After that pretty much the only thing not black will be the engine and suspension.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I primed & painted mine with a spray can, I did the whole engine & frame etc too, (black).  I would post a pic but my comuter is jacked-up.  Go to my garage & click on my profile pic and there's a decent pic of it.

Edited by billdirt1

The Chrome powder coat looks amazing, and would contrast nicely on the swing arm with all that black. It looks better than polished aluminum, not quite chrome. You could do the shock spring, triple clamps, and skid plate to add some more contrast. Too much black looks like a blob.

• Like 2

The Chrome powder coat looks amazing, and would contrast nicely on the swing arm with all that black. It looks better than polished aluminum, not quite chrome. You could do the shock spring, triple clamps, and skid plate to add some more contrast. Too much black looks like a blob.

Blng ding ying yang.

• Like 1

+1.....masshole did some valve covers recently and in the group was a chrome one.....check it out. I think the same as bobbed06, you need some contrast. Too much black can look funky...... ?

• Like 1

With the swingarm, I've never seen anything other than brushed aluminum that looks good. Polished is like 80's/90's streetbike squid and painted/coated is wannabe show bike coors light goon...imo. 

I primed & painted mine with a spray can, I did the whole engine & frame etc too, (black).  I would post a pic but my comuter is jacked-up.  Go to my garage & click on my profile pic and there's a decent pic of it.

So umm Bill, two questions. 1: Where's the blue one? 2: Do you ride those bikes? I mean they are sooo clean. I saw plenty of cool stuff in your garage(garage envy), but no economy size Q-tip container. Edited by pumptrack
  • Like 2

Thanks you for this. I'm totally sold on the look now. Any chance you can get a nice side shot so I can see how everything looks?

• Like 1

+bobbed06 chrome swingarm would look nice but that would be the only thing i would have chrome on the bike. ?

You could have a sweet chrome powdercoated valve cover if you play your cards right .

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks you for this. I'm totally sold on the look now. Any chance you can get a nice side shot so I can see how everything looks?

Do you by any chance ride with a Darth Vadar helmet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk mobile app

• Like 1

You'r welcome.  Go to " DRZ pics, Lets see your Z".  I posted some on Apr 26, post # 7511.  Nothing bloby or goony about it.  :naughty:

Edited by billdirt1
  • Like 1