Sign in to follow this  

KTM 200 EXC power valve problems! Advice please.

Hey guys the powervalve on my 09 200 exc is playing up, it's riding like a four stroke. It has no powerband at all. So I pulled off the head and cleaned the powervalve. Made sure it was all moving freely, which it was. Placed the head back on whilst making sure the linkage arm was connected properly, which it was. However I'm looking through the left sight while revving the bike and the powervalve is not moving at all. And the mark is very high up in sight. It won't move at all even if I use a screwdriver on it. Also the lower arm of the powervalve I moved up abit with my finger and it sprung back to its original position so is that normal?

Does anybody know what is going on here? I've been pulling my hair out trying to fix this! Any advice greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Hey guys the powervalve on my 09 200 exc is playing up, it's riding like a four stroke. It has no powerband at all. So I pulled off the head and cleaned the powervalve. Made sure it was all moving freely, which it was. Placed the head back on whilst making sure the linkage arm was connected properly, which it was. However I'm looking through the left sight while revving the bike and the powervalve is not moving at all. And the mark is very high up in sight. It won't move at all even if I use a screwdriver on it. Also the lower arm of the powervalve I moved up abit with my finger and it sprung back to its original position so is that normal?

Does anybody know what is going on here? I've been pulling my hair out trying to fix this! Any advice greatly appreciated!

Try posting this in KTM 200 club. In KTM forum.

Those guys will know exactly, because I've heard this before.

• Like 1