Sign in to follow this  

Mikuni BSR36 info needed

I have pulled my carb out of my bike to clean it as it wouldn't idle without the choke on. I wasnt sure about how far I need to take it apart if I am going to dip it in carb cleaner. Is it easy to remove the TPS. I removed the two screws holding the sensor on, should i pull the plastic bits out also? I also would like to know if anyone makes an extended air fuel screw for this carb. Thanks for any help you can send my way.

I have pulled my carb out of my bike to clean it as it wouldn't idle without the choke on. I wasnt sure about how far I need to take it apart if I am going to dip it in carb cleaner. Is it easy to remove the TPS. I removed the two screws holding the sensor on, should i pull the plastic bits out also? I also would like to know if anyone makes an extended air fuel screw for this carb. Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Remove the pilot jet.. 

throw it away, confirm the passage is clear with a shot of brake cleaner, install new pilot jet.

\ Confirm other jets are clear..

Reinstall carb.. go ride

• Like 3

Remove the pilot jet.. 

throw it away, confirm the passage is clear with a shot of brake cleaner, install new pilot jet.

\ Confirm other jets are clear..

Reinstall carb.. go ride

+1 ....and DON'T TOUCH the TPS

use compressed air on the carb passage ways 

• Like 1