Sign in to follow this  

2002 KX 125 rear wheel bearings/hubs

I bought a set of wheels for a 2002 KX 125 from a guy who had just sold his 2002 KX125.  He says he took them off of the bike.  The rims are shaped different and the hub has a different part number on it.  I purchased a set of wheel bearings for it and took the old ones out.  I went to match up the bearings and the inside diameter and thickness is different.  The ones that came out of the wheel that I bought have almost 1/4" bigger inside diameter hole and are 1/8" thinner. Outside diameters are the same.  The ones I bought are pivot works bearings.  The ones that came out of the wheel I bought says koyo and has a 6905RS stamped on it.  I am wondering if maybe his bike had been modified and used a different sized axle...  Is there a common mod for using KDX hubs or something? Anyone have any ideas for me?  I have been looking for pictures of the stock KX 125 wheels and numbers for the hubs, but have had no luck so far.

New bearing part number is PWRWK-K07-521 and this checks out as correct on Pivot Works Web site. 6004RS is stamped on these bearings.

Thank in advance for any help.

In searching Thumpertalk, I came across athread that says the 03 and up has a larger diameter axle and 4 bolts on the disc.  This wheel is most likely from and 03 and up.