Sign in to follow this  

RM250 Intermittent spark.

I put my 96' rm250 away 2 years ago in the fall, it was having a really hard time starting, it slowly got worse, so I figured it was the top end. I finally got around to rebuilding it. the top end was pretty bad, and now it's really strong. fired a couple times, and it won't run. pulled the plug, and cranked it, watched the spark, seems to spark every other time, or not at all, it's in and out. I tried both br8es, and br8eix plugs. the eix is suppose to be better in sense of being able to spark. 

any idea of what it could be? going to check all the connections, and the kill switch at some point.

Did you clean the carb and mix fresh gas?

Not that bad off a noob with bikes. I have been gone all day, and didn't have time to check everything after the top end. pulled the stator cover, and the gap is huge. going to adjust it tomorrow, and see how it is.

p.s. surprised you haven't had to change your name.

I didn't think my name was that bad. Im not dissing on suzuki i have one myself. I liked the ring of it.

not trying to start anything, just saying. surprised a mod hasn't changed it or something. not sure what the rules are, I seen some bad names, but they were spelled wrong.

Take off the resistor cap off of the ignition coil and make sure your coil is getting proper contact with the resister screw and that the connection isn't damaged compromised

Edited by 78SuzyQ

not trying to start anything, just saying. surprised a mod hasn't changed it or something. not sure what the rules are, I seen some bad names, but they were spelled wrong.

your right im kinda suprised to. It would probably change it if fck was in there.

Well, if it holds up, and that really was the problem, it was the gap between the stator, and pickup. it was around .037, and from what I found it should only be .010. which naturally makes sense, it was having to jump too far. but I only got it safely to .018, now it seems to start one kick, rather than not.