Sign in to follow this  

Other model pegs that fit 00-01 CR250

Seeing how the 00-01 was only a two year model, there are not as much aftermarket parts for them. Trying to get a set of PivotPegs for my 01, what other model/makes will work? I had heard something about modifying another year or something

Pretty sure all cr/crf pegs through 2014 will work.

Nope, huge difference.  IMS has two models that fit and are priced fairly.

The newer ones will fit on the same pin but they do have a different set up. I know first hand that the fastaway F3's can be made to work on the gen 2 with just a longer adjuster bolt and a jam nut to make up the difference in brackets.

I

I bought red anodized pegs for an 02 CR250 and they fit my 2001 CR250 perfectly.

Strange, I got some newer stock pegs from a friends '12 CRF250 and there was no possible way to make them fit.

• Like 1

George, you quoted me but if you read what I posted-I indicated that 2002 CR250R (2 stroke) pegs fit my 2001 CR250. I have never tried to fit CR---F--- pegs on a CR.    

It appears you tried to fit 2012 CR---F--- pegs to your CR250..  which I know nothing about because I have never attempted that.

George, you quoted me but if you read what I posted-I indicated that 2002 CR250R (2 stroke) pegs fit my 2001 CR250. I have never tried to fit CR---F--- pegs on a CR.    

It appears you tried to fit 2012 CR---F--- pegs to your CR250..  which I know nothing about because I have never attempted that.

Same fis as the 2002 cr250.

Out of interest, could you please supply a picture of your pegs on your 2001?

With a view of where the pegs rest on the bracket holding them.

Yep. Really confusing how aftermarket CRF pegs fit and having a fail when I tried oem Honda CRF pegs. My universe is upside down lately. 

Guys I'm just getting back to a computer but I will try and get a pic posted tomorrow. You want a pic of where the pin goes through??? I will take several different pics so hopefully  you will see what you are looking for.

I will say this-they are after-market pegs.

Had to wash my bike before taking any pics, but here they are:

CRF250X011-1.jpg

CRF250X013-1.jpg

CRF250X014-1.jpg

CRF250X012-1.jpg

These are E-bay (China made) knock-offs that I purchased last year. They DID NOT LIST them for anything older than 2002 CR250R's. I bought them hoping I could modify them to fit. They did fit, perfectly in fact.

Hopefully the pics are of what you guys were looking for.

Forgot to mention that if you buy these type of pegs that have the screw in points, as soon as you purchase them you need to remove each "point" and apply red Loc-Tite to the threads so that you don't lose any.

I did not do that and after my first ride I had lost about 6 of the points. Since the pegs came with extra points, I replaced the lost ones, and pulled every one out of the pegs and applied red Loc-Tite. I have not lost a single one since then.

When I first got them everyone told me that I had better not be jumping with those pegs as they would break and I would injure myself. They said this simply because they were China-made. I've been riding on them well over a year now with a lot of abuse and they have not broken. I have lost some of the anodizing especially on the ride side from laying the bike so far over that the peg rubs the dirt but that was to be expected.