Throttle wheel hangs on FCR-MX no matter the cable adjustment

Wellp, fixed the throttle wheel being stuck issue on the FCR-MX carb i got today by disassembling it and putting it right- required pulling off the throttle wheel and spring, then bending the little arm that controls the pump straight and playing tetris with getting ot back together perfectly - my fingers are on fire! 

Got the carb on the bike and put the throttle cables on for a test- it fired and idled nicely, but the throttle cables stick no matter how it's adjusted. I've tried loosening, tightening, relocating the cables, all of it- no matter what, it sticks and won't snap back- even if i help roll it forward.. requires me manually returning it to go back to closed throttle.

I'm curious if the throttle wheel spring is supposed to be spun over twice instead of once during assembly to give it adequate spring tension- which i wouldn't want it to be too hard to open- but wondering if this is the case.

I'm also trying to find how you're supposed to route the throttle cables. It was initially set up by going to the left side of the bike, then through a frame hole under the gas tank to the right side of the carb. Even with the stock carb, it had a tendency to hang up. The lower brass(?) fittings near the pivot points are loose / can move freely around and are no longer attached to the rubber- are they worn out / should the cables be replaced?

Also, tried lubing the cable- no luck. I even greased the throttle tube to make sure it wasn't gummed up. No change. 

Any tips on how to make this easier? It's giving me a huge headache so far trying to get this bike back on the road.  :banghead: 

I don't remember the amount if turns on the spring, but it snaps back very hard without the cables installed.

I couldn't get it to close all the way either with the stock cables. Eventually I got it to "work" but it was still a little sluggish... I removed the push cable and immediately the throttle snapped back.

It's been a year without the push cable and no problems! Some bikes don't even come with them, they are more of a safety feature (to be able to close the throttle manually case the spring breaks or carb sticks/jams).

My cable/s are routed down the right side of the frame because I have handlebar risers and hi-bend bars. Down the left side, like stock, they would have been too short.

Make sure the grip "end" is not rubbing the handlebar end and that it's not touching the throttle housing. Gentle bends in the cables and make sure you have some freeplay.

I don't remember the amount if turns on the spring, but it snaps back very hard without the cables installed.

I couldn't get it to close all the way either with the stock cables. Eventually I got it to "work" but it was still a little sluggish... I removed the push cable and immediately the throttle snapped back.

It's been a year without the push cable and no problems! Some bikes don't even come with them, they are more of a safety feature (to be able to close the throttle manually case the spring breaks or carb sticks/jams).

My cable/s are routed down the right side of the frame because I have handlebar risers and hi-bend bars. Down the left side, like stock, they would have been too short.

Make sure the grip "end" is not rubbing the handlebar end and that it's not touching the throttle housing. Gentle bends in the cables and make sure you have some freeplay.

Yeah I kinda fear it's the damned Push cable- it seems to tighten up pretty bad / bind on throttle roll. Didn't try just the pull circuit. I took it out today and it seemed to be OK with throttle feel (though still not returning willingly) - My Super Sherpa also does this, and i suspect the cable is worn out since as mentioned- even on the old carb, it was troublesome.

Oh well.. i'll continue to tweak and see what happens.