Sign in to follow this  

Time for a vavle job

I have an 07 crf250 that the intake vavle are at or near zero tolerance. so I assume I need some new valves (might as well do all 4 while I have it torn down. I live in the southeast so who somewhat locally would you guys recommend. may have to have new seats cut as well.

lastly, what kind of valves are we using now days? I bought a set of kibblewhites back in like 05 when I had my last 250f.

so whats the opinion of using stock valve train with stock springs and stuff? the bike has a stage 2 hot cams from previous owner.

Racers er "aka" "fastheads".... Great prices and work is done right...i have had good luck with them...did a whole topend/valves/ etc, etc....get stainless valves, last longer than stock.....some say stainless valves cost you a few horse power, but unless for racing nationals pro class i doubt you'd notice

• Like 1

I prefer oem valve train myself....if air filter maintenance is kept up and the motor isn't on the rev limiter all day oem will perform and last...just my opinion tho....

Ya, i would shim them first, then see how long it takes for them too tighten up again. If it happens quickly then ya, you;ll have to do the valves, but it may take many months for them to tighten up.

I am smaller than the smallest. I was bascially at about .001" clearance. I sand about .006 off the 1.2 shim and now im at about .005" clearance.

is it when the intakes are tight or the exhausts too tight that you get cranking issues?

And about running the oem stuff would stock valve springs be okay on stage two cam?

I am smaller than the smallest. I was bascially at about .001" clearance. I sand about .006 off the 1.2 shim and now im at about .005" clearance.

is it when the intakes are tight or the exhausts too tight that you get cranking issues?

And about running the oem stuff would stock valve springs be okay on stage two cam?

Ya, the valves are toast, usually just the intakes cause the hard starting, but tight ex. may also.

If it's not the Gold series stage 2 cam you can run stock springs, but I would check them out to spec.  A 9 year old bike I'd just put new ones in, oem are cheap enough.

oh yeah I was going to put new oem in. I wasnt going to reuse the ones in there now. lol