Sign in to follow this  

Looking for past owner 2007 DRZ 400 SM from calgary

Hi guys. I just picked up a 2007 drz 400 SM from a friend of mine. He bought it in Calgary I think around a year or two ago. It has 17k on it, all black with tonnes of extras. Just digging into this thing and here are the list of extras I have found so far:

94mm big bore

Keihin carb

MRD exhaust

Hot cams

Seat concepts seat

Bigger fuel tank

Some kind of fancy bar riser that ties into hand protectors

and little extras like red access caps, etc

It has thumpertalk case covers so thought the old owner might have been a member on here. Just looking for info on when the big bore was done, which one it is, and if anything was done to the bottom end. The stator came loose and did some damage so just tearing everything apart now.

I rode with some guy two seasons ago that had a bike like you are describing, but unfortunately I don't remember his name or even know if he was on TT. He only rode with our group twice, then we heard he sold the bike and haven't seen him since.

I'm sure someone from our group knows the guy. Post a couple pics and I'll ask around

Ok thanks for the reply. I thought of posting some pictures up but the bike is torn down right now with the engine on the bench. Not sure how identifiable it would be. 

Seems like a sweet bike so far. I think I really lucked out. I bought it thinking it needed a complete rebuild, but it is looking like the motor has been completely built and the only thing it needs is new main bearings on the crank. I think what happened is the stator came loose......wrecked the rotor, stator, outside cover, and took out the mag side crank bearing. Havent split the cases yet though. Main reason I am looking for the guy is just to see how many miles are on the top end and crank. Crank and rod bearings seem fine.