Sign in to follow this  

Lowering a Honda CRF150F

Hello,

This is my first post, I have been reading Thumper Talk for several years, I finally have a question that hasn't already been answered in a previous posting.

I performed a general internet search on lowering a Honda CRF150f.  It took me to an old post of folks swapping a Honda CRF230f lower shock linkage.  Now that I have registered with Thumper Talk I can't find the posting. 

My question is:

Do I replace just the Triangular piece only or do I also use the Kouba like linkage from the CRF230f?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/low-hours-CRF-230-link-suspension-linkage-CRF230F-CRF230-07-/380916938362?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda&hash=item58b06b367a&vxp=mtr

Is this the right part?  I have already purchased the parts, I just need to know if I need to replace the whole unit as shown.

Best regards,

Satellite

Hello,

This is my first post, I have been reading Thumper Talk for several years, I finally have a question that hasn't already been answered in a previous posting.

I performed a general internet search on lowering a Honda CRF150f. It took me to an old post of folks swapping a Honda CRF230f lower shock linkage. Now that I have registered with Thumper Talk I can't find the posting.

My question is:

Do I replace just the Triangular piece only or do I also use the Kouba like linkage from the CRF230f?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/low-hours-CRF-230-link-suspension-linkage-CRF230F-CRF230-07-/380916938362?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda&hash=item58b06b367a&vxp=mtr

Is this the right part? I have already purchased the parts, I just need to know if I need to replace the whole unit as shown.

Best regards,

Satellite

Check out Rick Ramsey's web page. He has all the information you are looking for on his 230 section.

That should be perfect for my daughter, I also read you can drop the forks an 1" in the triple trees. 

I have been reading Rick's webpage ton's of information.  I also want to street legal it.  I street legalized my wife's KLX140L it is like a moped on steroids.

Best regards,

Satellite

• Like 1

Don't you hate it when they move your stuff.

Confederate,

I am NOT sure what you mean by, "Don't you hate it when they move your stuff."

Best regards,

Satellite

Your post got moved from general dirt bike to the 150/230 specific forum.

Oh I didn't even notice.  LOL.

Satellite