Sign in to follow this  

some pointers please

this was last saturday practice at the Kato cycle club in Mankato Mn it was going to be my second race ever but it got rained out the next day i have not been riding long please point out flaws and what to work on i dont want to go the track and just ride it i want to practice ithttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNvasB2hbew

nice thing is you have a pretty diverse field there....watch how the faster guys are getting around you, line selection, when they get on the gas, corner speed e/t/c

Without watching the whole 10min, not once during the 2min I watch did I see you ever cover your clutch in the corners. That should be first and foremost. I have a Rekluse and I still cover my clutch....

cover the clutch how exactly... i have no racing buddies or anything im solely on my own. are you talking just keep a finger on the clutch just in case or do you use the clutch ever corner somehow?

Thank you monk that is the advice I'm looking for what situations would you pull the clutch

awesome track

As said, more rpms and more clutch feathering...but good on ya fer sher

You don't seem to use the front brake very often. ..accelerate deeper into the corners and brake harder using both brakes. Don't coast. You should either be on the gas or on the brakes

• Like 1

I hit every jump just not the triple i rolled a few first lap was nervous

Yea. saw that first lap and thought "go man, those are doable"

Then, next lap you did.

Good good.

Not like you have been to that track a dozen times and know it real well.

It's all new for you.

Doing good.

It is like knitting and golf and RC planes and everything else--> seat time (or "stick time" with RC planes...."needle time" for knitting...."links time" for golf).

Just need many hours of familiarity on the bike to make strides.  Nobody is an awesome rider that only goes out once or twice a month.  Especially when learning....early in hobby.  This is especially a good time to get a couple pro lessons and then all your seat time practice will be spent doing proper fundementals and form.

If you can, make a little track around your yard.  Even if it's just second gear....gets you out there doing it.  Or, if you can afford the time and money, go to that track twice a week, or more.

Yea. saw that first lap and thought "go man, those are doable"

Then, next lap you did.

Good good.

Not like you have been to that track a dozen times and know it real well.

It's all new for you.

Doing good.

It is like knitting and golf and RC planes and everything else--> seat time (or "stick time" with RC planes...."needle time" for knitting...."links time" for golf).

Just need many hours of familiarity on the bike to make strides.  Nobody is an awesome rider that only goes out once or twice a month.  Especially when learning....early in hobby.  This is especially a good time to get a couple pro lessons and then all your seat time practice will be spent doing proper fundementals and form.

If you can, make a little track around your yard.  Even if it's just second gear....gets you out there doing it.  Or, if you can afford the time and money, go to that track twice a week, or more.

that track is a local club owned track i am going to a meeting on thursday to apply for a membership see if someone will sponsor me then i can practice as often as i like!

• Like 1