Sign in to follow this  

Triple clamp torque specs

Can anyone please tell me the torque specs for the triple clamp fork bolts on my 04 CR250R? It would be greatly appreciated.. I'm looking for a cheep manual to buy also if anyone's got a xtra lyin around

On both my 01 250 and my 07 450 the upper clamp pinch bolt torque is 22Nm and the lower is 20Nm, so It is very likely that the same goes for your bike.

Same here and showa's so most likely the same , i did 16 ft.lbs on top 15 on lower .

You can even go as low as 13 Ft. LBS on the lower according to my suspension guy.

Cool.. Greatly appreciated bud! Do u know about the pinch bolts on the front axle and the axle torch specs? I'm tryin to take my forks in to be rebuilt. And I want to make shure I get everything right putting my front end back together

Cool.. Greatly appreciated bud! Do u know about the pinch bolts on the front axle and the axle torch specs? I'm tryin to take my forks in to be rebuilt. And I want to make shure I get everything right putting my front end back together

14 ft/lbs. When you go to re-install the front wheel, install the axle by spinning it in with the proper tool. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/989/19018/Tusk-Hex-Axle-Tool?term=front%20axle%20tool%20cr%202002 Tighten the axle by holding the nut and spinning the axle. This is 65 ft/lbs. Then tighten the brake side axle pinch bolts. With the front wheel off the ground spin the wheel and stop it abruptly with the brake a couple of times. This will align the forks. Then tighten the non-brake side pinch bolts.